Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,515   Online: 780

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbellphoto View Post
    Nice work! Great subject!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbellphoto View Post
    Problem fixed.

My Hasselblad is as sharp as a tack now.

Attachment 60274
    Sorry, but it still looks a little fuzzy! I think you should send the camera body, lens and back to me and I'll test it for you. It might take a few years, but will be well worth it. For me anyway! When you have a good working "Blad" you can no longer blame the equipment. I moved up from a Bronica S2A(many moons ago) to a Hasselblad 500C outfit and have been smitten from then on. It's not that the Bronica wasn't a very good camera/system, but the V-Blad system was just that much better. It was also that the Zeiss glass rendered a "look" that always made me smile. I will admit that I've had two bodies(EL and ELM) that I've had problems with, along with several lenses that had to be "tuned-up" from time to time. A photo-nut friend of mine, the one who I bought the 500C from, said it was an investment. I don't know about that so much anymore, but it is a pleasure. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No camera, in and of itself, has ever been an investment for me either. I'm just far too rough on my gear. It's why I can never justify buying new/mint equipment. If someone tomorrow, out of the blue, gave me a flawlessly mint condition original Lecia M3 kit, I'd be afraid to even touch it. It'd go straight up on ebay/craigslist.

But yeah, what led me to start obsessing over "blads" was one, I already had a love for 6x6/square-format images from being taught film photography on my Mamiya C220, and two, almost every truly brilliantly rendered photo I would find online, especially ones of fairly average subjects, seemed to come from Hasselblad users, and especially if they were shooting chrome.

I still love and rave over my C220, but I just really appreciate that extra umph I get from my 500CM and T* lens.
    - - - -------------------------------------- - - -
    mattbellphoto:
    @ Blogspot
    @ Flickr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin