Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,080   Online: 976

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I second the P67 105mm f/2.4. It's fantastic on the P645.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A shot with the P67 105/2.4 that is pretty close to the one you posted (not my shot):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashakrasnov/5064744929/

One more note, my opinion of 'good' bokeh has changed over time, and I am finding lenses like the 105/2.4 which aren't "perfect" render more attractively than smoother lenses. The Sigmas I mentioned earlier, for example, I think are boring.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the input!

@adelorenzo: sadly, when I sold the russian lenses, I sold the adapters as well. But I will watch out for another one on ebay and give the 80mm a try.

@carpents: nice shots! I have the 45mm FA as well, very nice lens. Better than its reputation, in my opinion. Funny that you mention the 67 105/2.4. About a week ago, an ebay buyer visited be to pick up an article I sold. He brought along his Pentax 67 together with his 105/2.4. As I already had the Pentax 67 adapter (bought by chance some weeks before), I asked him for a try out. I just took two shots out of my window, one with the 105/2.4 and one with my 645 75/2.8. I expect to be able to pick up the developed film today after work. Perspective was clearly more narrow, but if bokeh and sharpness deliver, I will gladly give it a try.

@pentaxuser: OK, I'll visit the pentax forum, good suggestion, thanks!

Best wishes,
    Christian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Pentax 4/120mm is not known for smooth bokeh but quite the opposite. Still a fabulous lens, just not for that purpose.
    The 4/135mm and the 150mm are much smoother though.
    Cannot confirm but have often heard good reports about the P67 105mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hasselblad 110 2 Planar or 150 2.8 Sonnar?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello again,

I've gotten back the slides I took, but contrary to what I remembered, I shot from the same position instead of correcting for focal distance, so perspective of the 75/2.8 shot and the 105/2.4 shot is different.

Nevertheless, I got hold on a 105/2.4 myself. I expect it to arrive tomorrow. I'll do some comparisons afterwards and report the findings if there is interest in it.

@GarageBoy: The 110/2 is out of my budget, but that'll be probably a great choice. The 150 is to long in terms of focal length. If 150mm would fit, I would probably go for the Pentax FA 150/2.8 which is great from what I have seen so far.

Best wishes,

Christian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the Pentax FA 150mm 2.8 is a really nice lens. The combination of a ~2x normal FL lens, with a 'fast' 2.8 max aperture makes a nice combination for 'bokeh'...

Also, remember this: MORE aperture blades (generally)equals smoother OOF rendering...

-Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin