Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yaeldefaye View Post
    What I can do is take some pictures and do some more test.
    After that I can sell it, keep the money on my paypal account and refund the buyer except paypal fees and shipping after a certain period of time.
    Sounds reasonable enough to me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok I got the 500 to take "pictures" without any film.
    Though the 80mm lens has some rings that are stock, I manage to take the lens off with any issue but still not enable to move those rings.

Hopefully I'll be able to take pictures of what I have tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the lens is the older chrome lens the aperture and speed rings are locked together for EV values.
    Two things I would try:
    Try moving the aperture ring toward the lens mount and rotating either ring.
    Second guess is a small piece of metal(?) at about the 10 o'clock position(viewed from rear of the lens)
    Depress it and the pair of rings should move independently.

Be aware that BOTH the lens and body have to be cocked to remove or install a lens. If it's forced, it's not an inexpensive repair.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hold the camera as you would taking a shot. Look at the top of the lens. Are the two red lines below the aperture/shutter readings at the very top? If so, pull on the metal tab on the right side of the lens and turn the shutter speed dial. As John pointed out, the shutter/aperture rings are locked at a certain exposure value, some combinations of which prevent you from turning the rings. Try moving just the one ring, and after it's changed you'll probably be able to move both again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first thing to do is to stop.

Hasselbalds can be a bit counter intuitive - such as the linked shutter/aperture rings. And having both body and lens shutter aligned when mounting lenses. It's great that you want to help your friend sell her cameras, but please read the manuals for body and lenses first - after all, they are still her cameras. They should be available online.

Hasselblad lenses can have very different values depending on which series (C or CF, T* or not, black or chrome). Backs can have differing values depending on whether they're the "A" back or "C" back. A back with mismatched insert and shell will have slightly less resale value than if matching.

It's helpful to look at KEH's site to get a sense of the relationship between versions of the same item and price (as well as condition and price).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, thank you, I will try "playing" with the 80mm, for know I took it off the "list.

Here is a picture of the whole package:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hasselblad All.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	59258

A
    500 C/M + back

B
    2000FCW + Carl Zeiss Planar 110mm 2.8+ back

C
    "Extension tube" 56, 32, 16, 8

D
    Focusing Screens

E
    Extra Back (serial RP 3228649) with a label saying AB, not sure if that means anything.

F
    X606 Color 4x5 View Fitler

G
    Flash mount
    Level mount
    Metal plate
    and other things I cannot name

H
    Hasselblad filters (left to right):
    HZ 70mm
    UV-SKY (1A) 60mm
    70 to 77mm adapter
    UV-SKY (1A) 60mm

I can take close up picture of the lens and camera upon your needs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll be taking the 2000FCW + 110mm, thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin