Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,015   Online: 1198

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Helping figuring out hasselblad camera

Hello,

A friend of mine receive 2 Hasselblad camera:
    a 500 C/M with a Carl Zeis 80mm f2.8
    a 2000FCW with a Carl Zeis 110mm F2
    there is also a few filters and what looks like extension tubes, there is an extra back too.

She would like me to sell them for her, but I have no idea what I am really selling. I can go to eBay and sell them there, but I think it could be interesting to learn about them from you guys. So before selling them, what do I need to look at?

Thank you,
    Yael

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Shine a light through the lens, look for dust, also look for spiderweb looking stuff (could be fungus) inside the lenses.

look in the lens, close and open the aperture and look for oil on the blades.

Feel the foam sealing if there is any and if it's sticky and peeling / flaking off.

Listen to the shutter as it clicks, they should both sound similar-ish

Other than that, run some film through them and check the accuracy of the shutter.

You'll need a meter to get the correct settings.

Good luck!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Oh I'm also interested in buying the 500 with lens.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen any fungus at all, but on the 500, I cannot take the lens off and the aperture blades seems to be stock. Also I wasn't able to take any pictures.
    The 2000 seems fine otherwise, except I have nothing to measure the accuracy of the shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would be quite interested in the 2000 + 110

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you've never used a 500 C/M make sure you take out the darkslide before trying to take a picture! I spent about a day trying to troubleshoot that problem when I first got mine....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, same with the lens; if it's not coming off, it's probably because the shutter isn't charged :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I'll try that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...you can do all the tests you want, but if you sold that camera to me and the shutter speeds were off or the back wasn't giving even spaces, I'd be pissed. Let someone who is drooling over it borrow it for a while and it if works flawless with film being run through it and then developing it, there is your evidence. The only two certainties to the above issues I mentioned is actually using it. Don't be another one of those guys. I've bought cameras off them before that were promised to work fine, I get it and actually shoot with it and end up returning it or fighting with the person who sold it to me until something gets done. Not a fun way to spend your time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I can do is take some pictures and do some more test.
    After that I can sell it, keep the money on my paypal account and refund the buyer except paypal fees and shipping after a certain period of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin