Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,609   Online: 682

arcimboldo

Looking for a 2,8F Rollei with fungus

hi,
    i am looking for a working rollei tlr 2,8 f (serial number in between 295000-2984999) with bad optics. the reason: i have a tlr xenotar lens set left. where would you look in order to buy a camera like this. do you know a repairman who could know?
    kind regards.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    With a serial number over 295000 you are looking for a very late model. Most I have seen on ebay are in very good condition. Serial number over 298 is an Aurum or Platin and good luck finding something cheap there.

The taking lens and viewing lens are a matched set when a Rollei is new. There is very slight variance from lens to lens. If you take the front cover off a Rollei you will see a number on both taking lens and viewing lens that should match. If it doesn't it means that one of the lenses was probably replaced... which isn't a good thing.

You might consider getting an older 2.8F with Xenotar instead of the 295... white face.

IMO
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for a 2,8F Rollei with fungus

What Dennis said, and talking to some repair people in the past (Fleenor, Ebel) they are desperately looking for exactly what you're seeking for parts to repair other cameras. If they have one they are cannabalizing it not selling it.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know of a 2.8 C that is coming up for sale with a badly scratched taking lens. You should be able to get it cheap - it needs everything in addition to a lens-ectomy. PM me if you're interested and I can put you in touch with the seller.

arcimboldo
    Thanks. But will a Xenotar from the 70s fit a Rollei 2,8C?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 2.8C has a Xenotar in it now. In theory they should be interchangeable. Not being a rollei technician, I won't make any promises.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin