Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,712   Online: 1050

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Bronica SQ-AI Kit for FREE

Ok, so it doesn't exactly belong to me. But in August I took a job at my local community college, teaching (Photoshop, sorry... but the possibility of my running a darkroom class at some point in the future has also been discussed...).

Anyway, back to the Bronica. In the photo studio, there is an equipment closet, and in that closet was a Bronica SQ-AI with the ME prism, a waist-level finder, three 120 film backs (one still in the box!), and the 40mm, 80mm, and 150mm PS lenses. I asked the department chair if anybody was using this camera, and the answer was "No, it was used by the retired school photographer. The new photographer only shoots digital. Would you like to use it?"

Would I? Yes, please! Amazing camera. I've run one roll of film through it so far, but that was enough to know I really like it.

EDIT: After I posted this, I realized the title suggests this is a classified ad/giveaway... it's not. Just an excited photographer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All right!

I hope someday to be so lucky...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm happy for you. Those kind of gift/loans can be very beneficial. I was such a recipient when I was in high school... not of a camera but of an old shortwave radio. I had an interest and the old radio that was gifted to the school had no purpose, so they let me take it on a long-term loan. After I graduated it was offered back to them but they still had no need for it and I was told to keep it. I used it for about 20 years after that. I stil have it but it is so old that it needs restoration, whcih I'm not able to do at this time (I might not even have the right abilities to do it no matter when!). My suggestion is that you enjoy the camera, learn a lot from using it, and let them know what you are learning. It will likely bring a smile to their faces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make sure you share the results!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry about the misleading title....most people are smart enough to know that if it's too good to be true...it's not true....enjoy the camera. I sold mine and bought a Hasselblad and the difference between the two systems is so marginal that I would probably take back the same system plus $1200 for my Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, what a find
    congratulations

Shooter
    35mm RF
    aw, and i was gonna reply with `I`ll take it'
    You have me excited about possibilities now as i have just found out that a local high school has a darkroom full of equipment that has been locked and un used for a number of years.I know the P.E. teacher there and he is going to try and get me in...heres hoping

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i hate you! but well done

Shooter
    35mm
    So, the 40mm lens has a gigantic 95mm filter thread. Anybody have suggestions about Lee, Cokin, or other filter systems that I could use for this? I really don't want to buy 95mm filters for a lens that I don't actually own. All I need is a couple black-and-white filters, medium yellow and red would be enough. And maybe a 2-stop ND filter... it would be nice to get a filter holder setup, so I could use it on my other gear (I have lenses with filter sizes from 40.5mm up to 67mm).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i think you may need to cokin z system for that size

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin