Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,917   Online: 862

Shooter
    Medium Format

2.8f -3.5f ever ready case the same?

I was thinking of tracking down one of those Ever Ready case for the 3.5 I have. But there seems to be more 2.8 cases out there for a fair price. Is there a difference? Could I get away with using 2.8f case?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 3.5f and case, the front of which is detachable. As far as I am aware both model cameras are identical with the obvious exception of the lens. The inside of the front panel of my case is flat so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't interchange, but perhaps someone else knows different.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I´m sorry but are you talking about Rolleiflex cases? No, they are different for 2.8 and 3.5. Front deatachable is a bit bigger for 2.8. And there are a few diferences on the side plates too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys.. I'm watching 3.5 right now on KEH close out on the Bay.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ur discussing the standard "never-ready" case? Why? I have one for my 2.8 E, but to use it I need to thread the handle and strap lugs into their proper holes, take the lens shade and maybe even the filter off, and on and on, every time I want to just close the dumb thing up to hike a bit farther down the trail.

Heck with that -- I have a case designed to take a 35mm slr and a tele-lens that holds the rollei 2.8 E camera with lens shade and strap nicely -- zips from the top, i just unzip, pull out the camera and there it is. There's a net pocket on the front for extra film and room under the camera (where the tele lens would extend) to put a couple of close-up lenses and filters in a separate plastic bag.

And it's padded.

You can purchase cases like this for a LOT less than a vintage Rollei case will set you back -- I sold an F case for $75 or so a few years ago, but I'd never buy one for that sort of money.

So if you want to use your camera in any sort of practical way, go to a camera store that has a wide selection of camera bags and find one. Should set you back about $25.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin