Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,537   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Pro 120 backs won't give you double exposure prevention.

Pro-S 120 backs are rarely that inexpensive unless they are in bad shape. They also use foam.

Pro-SD 120 backs are hard to find, but worth the premium.

You can use 120 in a 220 back, but it is tough on the backs, and you always risk not noticing that you are past the end of the film.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The Pro 120 backs won't give you double exposure prevention.

Pro-S 120 backs are rarely that inexpensive unless they are in bad shape. They also use foam.

Pro-SD 120 backs are hard to find, but worth the premium.

You can use 120 in a 220 back, but it is tough on the backs, and you always risk not noticing that you are past the end of the film.
    He pretty much summed it up. Both my Mamiya backs are Pro-S and 6x7. For me, the SD backs aren't worth the price, but I'm broke as a joke, so of course, right? Some people may find that they need them, but I'm more than happy with the Pro-S. I actually could use another 120 back, but I'm able to survive with what I have.

And nobody else has mentioned this yet (possibly because they don't want the secret to get out), but the RB67 is able to use Graflex roll film holders. Not the 4x5 ones though. I just got a Graflex RH-12 from someone here on the site for a steal. Works great too. They're usually much more expensive and hard to come by. I got lucky. But the Graflex RH-10 (which is 6x7) is surprisingly cheap. Not nearly as in demand as the RH-12. It's a possibility if you need another back.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My "23" Graphic pin roller w/ knob RH-8 does not fit in my RB67 Pro S. There is an extra rib on it. Just a note.
    Of course if it did fit I'd be wasting film, but the RB 120 backs are going for a premium these days since there is so little 220 about.
    Also, from my experience with several, the rb67 backs seem to be a weak point in system, both for light leaks and mechanical gremlins.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebes View Post
    My "23" Graphic pin roller w/ knob RH-8 does not fit in my RB67 Pro S. There is an extra rib on it. Just a note.
    Of course if it did fit I'd be wasting film, but the RB 120 backs are going for a premium these days since there is so little 220 about.
    Also, from my experience with several, the rb67 backs seem to be a weak point in system, both for light leaks and mechanical gremlins.
    There's why you gotta do your research and not take my advice! I didn't know the RH-8 didn't work on the RB. I only have the RH-12 which I tested and it worked Perfectly. No light leaks and I shot in bright sunlight and didn't even use a dark slide.

I have both a 120 and 220 back. Both are Pro-S. I've never had any problems with them. I'm sorry to hear about your issues though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin