Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,598   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Forgot you're in Europe. If Jurgen can be found use him.
    Unfortunately Jürgen don't service cameras outside the EU (Norway is in Europe, but we are not a EU member), but I sent a mail to Mr. Mickleboro in the UK to see if he is willing (I've red some great reviews on him as well).

Harry could do the job, so I do have the option to send the camera to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Is everything else working? Have you been able to shoot and develop any film? A quick, temporary fix for the film trigger that sometimes works: put a layer of tape around the upper feeler roller. This increases its 'sensitivity' and can make it trip for thinner emulsions. No answer in the long run but it will let you test out the rest of the camera if it works.

Yep, I did try the tape trick on Saturday (actually, i just put a piece of extra tape over the original tape on the film) and the camera operation, shutter, transport, frame spacing, focus etc is all golden
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Unfortunately Jürgen don't service cameras outside the EU (Norway is in Europe, but we are not a EU member), but I sent a mail to Mr. Mickleboro in the UK to see if he is willing (I've red some great reviews on him as well.
    Jurgen's site says he does service on a worldwide basis. If B. Mickleboro doesn't work out I recommend Jurgen based on the service he did for me on my '37.
    Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    I sent a mail to Mr. Mickleboro in the UK to see if he is willing (I've red some great reviews on him as well).
    Brian is recommended - his turnaround was quick, he was extremely helpful and informative over the phone and most all did a quality job on my 3.5F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Jurgen's site says he does service on a worldwide basis. If B. Mickleboro doesn't work out I recommend Jurgen based on the service he did for me on my '37.
    Good luck.
    Well, I sent him a mail and explained everything, but he was very clear that if I was not within the EU, he could unfortunately not help me. (complicated paper work and so on).

He explained: "Since I am retired and not active in the repair shop anymore I have to decline the repair unless you can send it from within the E.U."
    -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Update:

I got the camera back from Mr. Mickelboro (he was really quick), he did some adjustments for me and serviced the camera, good man.

Unfortunately, the winter is hellish over here now, so I've not been able to go outside to do some real photography with the camera (only test-shots so far).
    - Choosing between shooting in -15 degrees celsius with clear skies or -2.5 degrees and heavy now isn't really an option for me, I'll wait for the spring

Anyway, I made a blog entry about the camera here if anyone is interested:
    http://helino-photo.blogspot.no/2013...olleiflex.html

Looking forward to some practical shooting with the camera asap \o/
    -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update:

I got the camera back from Mr. Mickelboro (he was really quick), he did some adjustments for me and serviced the camera, good man.

Unfortunately, the winter is hellish over here now, so I've not been able to go outside to do some real photography with the camera (only test-shots so far).
    - Choosing between shooting in -15 degrees celsius with clear skies or -2.5 degrees and heavy now isn't really an option for me, I'll wait for the spring

Anyway, I made a blog entry about the camera here if anyone is interested:
    http://helino-photo.blogspot.no/2013...olleiflex.html

Looking forward to some practical shooting with the camera asap \o/
    Hi look forward to your pictures on that camera. Nice blog you have there...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always used a Rollei T with 3.5 Tessar lens, I seem to recall reading that with some 2.8 models you actually feed the film leader THROUGH the metal roller, rather than over it as is the case with other Rolleis. Is there a 2.8 user who can confirm or deny this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    I've always used a Rollei T with 3.5 Tessar lens, I seem to recall reading that with some 2.8 models you actually feed the film leader THROUGH the metal roller, rather than over it as is the case with other Rolleis. Is there a 2.8 user who can confirm or deny this?
    Yes.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    When they invented the sensor roller you speak of they started calling Rolleis "Automat" The Automats start pretty early in the Rollei line. It isn't only the 2.8s that have the auto feeler roller.
    When they started making the 2.8 GX they got rid of the auto feeler. Now in the FX/FT/FW/Fx-N there is no auto feeler, you merely line up the arrow with the red dot just like the T. As far as I am concerned it is good riddance. IMO the auto feeler had almost no value beyond being a selling point. I trust the red dot and arrows in my FX far more than the auto feeler in my F.
    Dennis

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    As far as I am concerned it is good riddance. IMO the auto feeler had almost no value beyond being a selling point. I trust the red dot and arrows in my FX far more than the auto feeler in my F.
    Dennis
    It's one thing less that can break. But it was a good feature for reporters when every second counted. You can load the Rolleiflex about five seconds faster with the help of the auto-feeler.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin