Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,866   Posts: 1,583,202   Online: 827

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji GF670 Still in Production?

Does anyone know if the GF670 is still being produced by Fujifilm? I read that it was a limited 10,000 camera run. That was almost 3 years ago. The camera is still easy to find in shops new so I'm wondering if these are holdovers from the first 10,000 camera run or is it still being produced?

I'm guessing that it is not in production but you can never tell sometimes.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bet it is in production like Hasselblad 503CW or Nikon F6's are in production - they made a big production run several years ago and are slowly clearing the shelves. Once they get to XX percent left, they will decide if another production run is warranted.

Don't know if this answers you question but I remember speaking with the Nikon rep once and this is the answer he gave when I asked about F6's. Apparently there are several thousand F6's sitting in a warehouse in Southern California, awaiting purchase. Until they are all sold, it is official in production. However, due to similarities between F6's and DSLR's it would be easier to "make another run" of F6's than to make another run of GF670's since there is nothing else like it in Fuji's current lineup.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    35mm
    i believe the gf670 is a rebadge of the voigtlaender bessa. in that case it is indeed still in production. shame about the price tag though - if it was lower i would have two now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    I bet it is in production like Hasselblad 503CW or Nikon F6's are in production - they made a big production run several years ago and are slowly clearing the shelves. Once they get to XX percent left, they will decide if another production run is warranted.

Don't know if this answers you question but I remember speaking with the Nikon rep once and this is the answer he gave when I asked about F6's. Apparently there are several thousand F6's sitting in a warehouse in Southern California, awaiting purchase. Until they are all sold, it is official in production. However, due to similarities between F6's and DSLR's it would be easier to "make another run" of F6's than to make another run of GF670's since there is nothing else like it in Fuji's current lineup.
    "If you thought film was dead, think again. The Japanese camera maker is still producing its flagship professional-series film SLR, the Nikon F6. However, it does so in smaller quantities and only produces 50 units monthly."

CNET Asia 10 Feb 2012: What goes on inside Nikon's Sendai factory

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one. It's a sweet camera. A few minor idiosyncrasies. And one minor design flaw. But overall I love it.

If you're asking because you think you might want one down the road, don't wait. Scrimp where you must to get it as soon as possible. You never know what the future holds, but if your hands are holding a camera you'll have no regrets when that future arrives.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nikon keep two worker continuous produce F6 at Sandai, two hours bullet train from Tokyo.The other 400 worker, 200 for D4, and other 200 for D800. So total 402 worker produce these three models.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I have one. It's a sweet camera. A few minor idiosyncrasies. And one minor design flaw. But overall I love it.

If you're asking because you think you might want one down the road, don't wait. Scrimp where you must to get it as soon as possible. You never know what the future holds, but if your hands are holding a camera you'll have no regrets when that future arrives.

Ken
    Well, these cameras will show up in the used market more frequently as time goes by so I am not too worried about when to get one. I'd love one now while I live in China but the prices are just stupid. $1800 for a USED one. That's crazy, more expensive than new (in the US). Brand new here in China is $2200. I guess people pay that amount here.

What do you think is the design flaw? What are the idiosyncrasies? I'm curious as to your experience with this camera?

Thanks!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I like mine and only paid $1640 at B&H...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    What do you think is the design flaw? What are the idiosyncrasies? I'm curious as to your experience with this camera?
    I had one for a while. Things I especially didn't like:

- Can't close it with a filter mounted. Ouch, ouch, ouch! I left the optional hood-plus-filter unit mounted all the time, which meant that I left the camera open all the time. Some users reported rapid battery drain with the camera left open; fortunately, I didn't have that with mine.

- Never did get used to the feel of the shutter release - pretty light overall, but with an odd crick in the middle.

- The folding mechanism felt a lot flimsier than that of the old Ikontas I've owned.

Things I especially liked:

- Very competent lens.

- Nice finder with framelines that correct for parallax and field size - much nicer than the Mamiya 6/7 finders IMO.

- Very light weight for the format.

- Shutter action *very* quiet - quieter than a Mamiya 6/7, if you can imagine that. (Alas, the winding action is a bit buzzy.)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I carry my M7II and my Fuji in the same bagI'm happy with either one..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin