Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,396   Online: 762

Shooter
    Multi Format

Stupid Hasselblad Question

On the early backs, where you line up the number 1 on the film, with the hole in the back, and then turn the back winder counter clockwise to get the number 1 in the window....

Can this be done with out film in the back?

You would think I would try this at home, where I have a proven back, but I am not that smart... Evidently...

Never crossed my mind to try it before, but for some stupid reason, it crossed my mind tonight.

I'd hate to load a roll of film to find out the back is bad. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ummm.. no film = no numbers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try it will the roll paper after the film is developed. Reroll the paper on a spool as though it is unused [Mark it as empty]. It will not be quite as thick as a roll with film, but it will give you an indication of how well the back is working.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will work just fine with paper even if no film is there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No film or paper is needed in the back to play with it. Set it to one and then test it with the camera, it'll work as it does with film.
    FWIW it's a "12" magazine if it needs to be set using the peephole.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are quite right John K.
    This counting mechanism in the back has nothing to do with film (or paper) in the back.
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format

Stupid Hasselblad Question

I put a roll of film in, and advanced the film till the number 1 was visible in the peephole.

Then rotated the film winder counterclockwise which should have gotten me a number one in the window. No such luck. Window is black. According to the Internet it should have only taken a out 1/8 turn. But it will let you wind and wind and wind. Shame, the back looks almost like brand new...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 16 back that on occasion won't set to #1 with the first try, I just retry several times and then the #1 pops in. Other times it won't set no matter how many times I try but I still use it and after 2-3 exposures the # pops in to the correct #. I think my back needs a little service, I'll get to that soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    randy, time to have it serviced.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin