Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,278   Online: 818

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Roger. It's 2005 and has been in cold storage..so perhaps E6 would be better? Yes, they seem very nice....I definitely want one it's just a matter of what I want to do now. I did notice the Mamiya does have interchangeable lenses so a $300 Mamiya might be a better investment than a Yashica just for the versatility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Mamiya TLRs do have interchangeable lenses, and good ones, but the price you pay isn't so much money as bulk. They're large bulky beasts compared to a Yashica, Rollei or Autocord. Not too bad, I don't mean they're like carrying cinder blocks around or anything, but definitely a lot bigger and heavier. Try to take a look at one in person if you can, or at least see a photo of one with someone holding it and maybe one of the fixed lens ones beside it for comparison.

2005 - I don't know. That's seven years out so it's hard to say. If it was frozen it's probably fine. Refrigerator, maybe. And if you bought it online you don't know just how honest the seller was about that. I bought 10 rolls of supposedly cold stored and "tested and it works great!" Elitechrome and it's crap. Fit only for cross processing, if that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin