Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you can't decide which one to get, ditch both and go for the K/L 127mm or the K/L 90mm. Especially the 127mm is a do-it-all, you can shoot portraits and landscapes to your heart's content with it (although, of course, that depends on your personal style).
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've also got the 127, and it's by far my most-used lens--quite versatile, and very sharp. Possibly even sharper is the 90--not long after getting mine, I did a full-length portrait of a friend, leaving a bit of room beneath his feet and above his head. Under magnification, the lettering on the button holding up his jeans was clearly legible and extremely well-defined--that's resolution!

I've also got the 50 and the 180, and they're no slouches either, particularly the 180. I went for the C versions because they are cheaper, they're generally nearly as good (95% or more) as the KL-L lenses, and they're cheaper to repair if the shutter goes out (an important consideration if buying second hand with no knowledge of the lens's provenance or prior usage).

Another lens that's not been mentioned so far is the 140 macro. It's also amazingly good--I've used it as a portrait lens, and with its close-range correction, it's very useful if you ever want to do closeups with your RB. And at under $350 at keh.com, they're quite a bargain compared to many 35 mm macro lenses. You'll of course need the extension tube(s) to get full advantage out of this lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shot with the 65mm C lens, very sharp with excellent contrast IMO. Tufa towers, Mono Lake California.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img405.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	59620

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My kit is 50mm C, 65mm C, 140mm C Macro and 189mm K/L.

The 65mm + 140mm is a useful 2 lens kit.

The 50mm and 180mm are really nice.

For a compatibility guide, the Reznitsky chart is very useful: http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool! You guys are great... I went ahead with the 127 KL ordered it off Ebay for $120 brand new from Tokyo... anxious to try it out as soon as it arrives.... thank you all for all the help, very much apprecited to this Oldbie/Newbie. Bobbi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    My kit is 50mm C, 65mm C, 140mm C Macro and 189mm K/L.

The 65mm + 140mm is a useful 2 lens kit.

The 50mm and 180mm are really nice.

For a compatibility guide, the Reznitsky chart is very useful: http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm

I just bought an RB67 Pro-S kit today at Kenmore Camera. This chart is going to be very useful information to have as I throw even more money away in the coming months.

(This is post no.1000 for me. Not sure if that's a good thing, but I think I'm going to pour myself a Belgian ale to celebrate.)
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the 1,000th post Fred! (also on the RB67 - they're awesome cameras!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I just bought an RB67 Pro-S kit today at Kenmore Camera. This chart is going to be very useful information to have as I throw even more money away in the coming months.

(This is post no.1000 for me. Not sure if that's a good thing, but I think I'm going to pour myself a Belgian ale to celebrate.)
    You're welcome Fred.

Should I send you my bill . I accept payment in beer
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin