Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 749

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

40mm Bronica PS - Opinions?

Currently, my widest lens for my SQ-A system is the 50mm PS. I've been thinking about getting the 40mm, just to be able to "push the walls back" a little more when shooting weddings and for some PJ work at my day gig. Is anyone here using the 40mm? If so, what are your general impressions?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bob - I used to have the 40mm S version when I had my SQ-b. It was great and excellently sharp (despite a small nick on the front element). I think the PS has better quality coating etc so should be even better.

the only drawback is if you use filters - a 92mm mount (I think) = v expensive filters. I ended up getting a Lee push-on holder for mine, which was still expensive.

It's a great lens for landscapes and odd perspective close - ups

these were all taken with it.

http://www.leontaylor-photo.co.uk/moonraker.htm
    http://www.leontaylor-photo.co.uk/chalkcliffs.htm
    http://www.leontaylor-photo.co.uk/bedruthan.htm

cheers

Leon

Images
    Bob

I have and use a 40mm S. Its my favorite lens; I just like wide angles. A good, sharp lens, no problems. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, I think it's time to drop some $$$ on one. BTW - those are great images Leon.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,
    I can attest to the sharpness of Leon's 40mm as I have the moonraker print on my wall

Great shots, Leon!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin