Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,884   Online: 1030

Shooter
    Medium Format

Antique lenses mounted on Mamiya RB/RZ

Has anyone mounted non-Mamiya lenses to the RB/RZ? Maybe use a body cap as a lens board? Or, does anyone know which lenses might be compatible to do this and have infinity focus? Having a shutter is not mandatory.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've chucked a 35mm format 50mm lens on... backwards.. fun macro times. No shutter though, annoying. But in the dark, using off camera flashes its good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How did you mount the lens?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I sent an 1870s Petzval lens to SK Grimes to make a Nikon F-mount adapter for it. They've made an adapter to mount a Petzval to a Hassleblad before.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    35mm
    I've done several adaptations using body caps. These include a 50mm macro lens from a 35mm Mamiya ZE, and lenses in shutters from old Ansco and Kodak folders; these are often around 100-140mm in focal length. I have access to a drill press so I was able to cut the exact size hole for each lens.

EDIT: The way I mounted the 50mm macro lens was by drilling holes in both the Mamiya RB body cap and the rear cap for the macro lens, and then gluing both caps together. The macro lens was simply mounted on the lens cap. It did cover 6x7 with no problems at macro range.
    Last edited by rthomas; 11-11-2012 at 09:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could one attach a 35mm camera mount to a body cap and then use it to mount another lens? I have a zenit that I wouldn't mind taking the mount off of.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i've played with this a bit but the lack of a shutter is a pain in the ass. Most any large format lens longer than say 100mm will reach infinity no problem on the RZ. Rather than use a body cap (which don't lock), I'd cannibalize either an extension tube or a junk lens and take the mount off, and use that (mounted to another lens board of aluminum, or something. )

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin