Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,085   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format

Possible problem with RB67?

Howdy everyone.

New here. Just got my first medium format, a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S. Got it off ebay and appears to be in good condition but I plan on taking it by a local camera store (Havel) to have them look it over. Going over it myself it looks fine but I found one thing that might be an issue, and wanted to get more experienced opinions on it.

On the back of the mirror is some rubber material. In one corner it appears to be pulling up. Would this cause a light leak?

Here's a picture of the area:

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

-David

Shooter
    Large Format
    That’s the light-blocking material coming loose from the baffle frame. It will have to be re-glued or replaced by a competent technician with access to new Mamiya repair parts.

This causes light leak problems and will get worse as more of the material detaches from the baffle frame mounted behind the reflex mirror. When it gets really bad you won’t be able to change a lens without totally exposing the frame in position. Eventually, the camera will become unusable until the baffle assembly is repaired.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well poo. Thanks for the info. I'll be taking it to the camera store on Thursday or Friday, we'll see what they say. Hopefully it can just be glued down. It looks like it's in good condition, just lifting up a little. Hopefully not too expensive if it needs to be replaced.

-Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once you get it fix you will love the camera. Get a decent tripod for it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just glue it back on yourself with some contact cement.. it's no big deal.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually already did it
    I was able to carefully press it down using a soft flat wood stick while supporting the baffle as to not bend it. Seems secure but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for all the tips everyone.
    Last edited by Spiltpickle; 11-15-2012 at 11:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin