Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,079   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format

Issue With One of My A12 Backs

I just pulled from the "darkroom" (a.k.a. the guest bathroom) eight rolls of film (FP4 Plus) that I processed earlier today; having shot the film over the course of the last two weekends, I decided to spend the evening getting caught up with my darkroom work. Cutting them into strips to fit my Printfile pages, I noticed something odd: the spacing between the images differs on several of the rolls. i.e. on five of the rolls, the space is a few millimetres, as is typical for the Hasselblad film backs; on three others, the spacing ranges from less than 2 millimetres to almost half-an-inch! What gives? Am I experiencing wear on the gears that transport the film? Is this typical? Is the issue repairable at a "reasonable" cost, or should I just pick up some replacements from KEH? Unfortunately, I can only isolate the problem down to four of my A12s (I use black for black and white...). Thus far, I have not lost any images due to the issue, but may run the risk of doing so if the problem worsens. Ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send 2 at a time to David Odess or another well regarded tech for O/H. Better than buying some used unknown problem backs.

Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact Horst Wenzel - pm me if you need contact info.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is time for a CLA. You will find the investment in the CLA well worth it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin