Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,138   Online: 987

Shooter
    Multi Format

How do I change the aperture on my 105mm Mamiya-Sekor lens?

The ergonomics are entirely different from the Yashica 124G I am used to. I've got the shutter release, shutter cocking, shutter speed, and focus knobs/controls down. Hopefully I'm just brain farting, but I can't figure out how to adjust the aperture to save my life! I have the manual from Butkus, but it shows a different lens. That lens has an aperture control knob...what am I missing?!

The only thing I can think of is to physically move the arrow that indicates the aperture. But it doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to force it until I confirm this is the correct way to adjust the aperture.

I've attached a picture of the taking lens...

TIA!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (6).JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's exactly how you change the aperture on the older lenses,it must be stuck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    That's exactly how you change the aperture on the older lenses,it must be stuck.
    Agreed. The little arrow should move freely along the scale.
    Try removing the lenses, if you are not sure how to do this just ask. Set the shutter to B and hold open, you should be able to see the aperture diaphragm. Moving the pointer as above should alter the aperture size. Should need no force to do this and if it won't move there is a problem.

Jean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perfect, thanks you both! It does move, just not as easily as I thought initially. But now that it's moved through the full arc twice it moves fairly freely now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin