Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,226   Online: 819

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder how difficult it would be to build a winder, that you could use in a large changing tent or a darkroom? Really you just need a way of maintaining tension in both reels... You can easily know by 'feel' when your takeup reel is full - then you can cut the film with some scissors and put it in a cartridge...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a spare developing reel and 1 million cartridges (slight exaggeration) if useful - you would need to find (aieee!) a tank for the reel though.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What does the film come in? Can you spool a bit in the dark, and then put it back? They have 87, 500 foot rolls. Was frozen until March this year (at the RAF), and then just in cool storage. Is it worth rescuing this stuff? Expiry date should be 2000's, but I'm getting him to check

Daniel.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    generally it's in a light proof tin, wound onto a bobbin... so yes, I would reckon.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    snaggs: how much do they want per roll? I could certainly be interested in a couple if the price is right.

munz: how much do you want for 6 cartridges and the reel? What is the diameter of the reel? Know anyone with a bulk-loader FS?

edit: has anyone successfully adjusted/mangled a Jobo 2xxx reel to fit 70mm? I have a couple more than I need and would happily sacrifice one to the cause.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    snaggs: how much do they want per roll? I could certainly be interested in a couple if the price is right.

munz: how much do you want for 6 cartridges and the reel? What is the diameter of the reel? Know anyone with a bulk-loader FS?

edit: has anyone successfully adjusted/mangled a Jobo 2xxx reel to fit 70mm? I have a couple more than I need and would happily sacrifice one to the cause.
    Sure, I made one from a Jobo and a pot with a glass lid...that I broke out, then used a small plastic garbage pail bottom that I cut out and layed into where the glass was then cut a hole in that and inserted a Jobo, then sealed it all Wirh glue, drilled holes in the bottom of the Jobo and top of the Jobo, then filled the top with wax to allow for drainage to hit the holes I drilled, it works but its a beast, I would be much happer to own a daylight tank MADE for 70mm...

I think I'm almost done with 70mm and thinking of selling, I have both a Mamiya RB67 back and Hassleblad back in 70mm, one 70mm reel, one 116 reel for testing old 70mm and about 300 feet of 70mm perf in my freezer...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    generally it's in a light proof tin, wound onto a bobbin... so yes, I would reckon.

Marc!
    Hey I think you promised that to me and then disappeared haha, I found one but it's not really an actual one and I always skip ridges and end up overlapping the film, any chance you would still offer it? I hate the one I have haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    StoneNYC,

I read this part about your DIY-project again and again:

..., then sealed it all with glue, drilled holes in the bottom of the Jobo and top of the Jobo, then filled the top with wax to allow for drainage to hit the holes I drilled,...
    but still got no idea what you are talking about.
    But you made me curious!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think he means (from the photos) that he hacked a Jobo 1xxx lid onto a bastardised lid for a jar that was big enough to hold the Hewes 70mm spiral.

My question related to whether anyone had used Jobo spirals to do 70mm, since I have a CPP2 and lots of spirals. I think they'd need a dowel (or PVC-pipe) spacer to get the width right, and you'd only be able to fit 1.6m (a 220 roll) on each spiral. In my case that means it's probably more sensible to slit the film, spool to 220 and use a 220 back. More hassle but much lower capital investment (Mamiya 70mm back and adaptor-G are $$$; RZ/220 back is about $25) and it wouldn't take a year to finish a roll!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo once made a 10m 70mm reel.
    But you would have to use their upright standing tank with reel-twisting agitation.

Jobo once made a 1.6m 70mm reel for their 2500 drum system.
    When using longer film one could do blank exposures at the intersections and cut the film in the darkroom.
    But that would mean letting go the advantage of doing quick, hassle-free, long serial exposures.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-21-2012 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin