Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,069   Online: 1056

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    Had a reply from Jobo on 70mm x 5m

"Dear Daniel,
    thank you for your mail.
    In the moment we did not have this spiral but it could be in 6 or 9 month.
    We have some customer wich asking this spiral.
    My be ask in some time again."

Sounds interesting.
    That doesn't really tell you much, especially since we were waiting for price info, and do they have the loader spool things we were discussing in stock? I'm ready to buy one now I have another roll of 70mm to process soon

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a bit confused as the former 70mm reel for twist agitation took 10m.
    Will the new one be for rotating processing?
    But anyway, good to learn that prodution seems to be cranked up again.

That 2517 reel for 70mm is listed at a german dealer, but not at Jobo, but with that trick above there should be no need for this.
    But what lenght does system 2500 actually take?
    Last edited by AgX; 11-27-2012 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stone, that quote I posted was from JOBO, not Hewes!

Will post hewes prcing and info when I get it. They already have the stuff. Here is what hewes said

"Hi Daniel,

I am away from the office until Wednesday, will send prices etc then.

We do manufacture 70mm loaders to complement our 70mm x 3 & 5 metre spirals.

Tanks however can be obtained from Richards of Hull"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    Stone, that quote I posted was from JOBO, not Hewes!

Will post hewes prcing and info when I get it. They already have the stuff. Here is what hewes said

"Hi Daniel,

I am away from the office until Wednesday, will send prices etc then.

We do manufacture 70mm loaders to complement our 70mm x 3 & 5 metre spirals.

Tanks however can be obtained from Richards of Hull"
    Oh thanks! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Have you tried Richard and Hulls? I've never heard of them...

I'm excited, and I thought I was the only one doing research, apparently I just stink at it...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds reasonable on the Jobo; my guess is they might be considering moulding (and then warehousing) a batch of new spirals once the CPP3 starts selling, they're probably flat-out working on CPP3 stuff right now. Being that their quantities are so small (and therefore the staffing levels would be low), I assume they're just producing batches of one part at a time unless it's outsourced to China.

Hewes tanks I've not seen for sale but the price on SS spirals seems to be about $85 and $115 for 3m and 5m respectively - they're available in the US from non destructive testing outlets that use 70mm film for xraying.

One can also buy rugged $10 plastic spirals from the same NDT places but they're 3m (maybe 10') and 13'; there are no cheap 15' options. I'm going to try getting a couple of 13' reels and maybe figure out a tank for them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Sounds reasonable on the Jobo; my guess is they might be considering moulding (and then warehousing) a batch of new spirals once the CPP3 starts selling, they're probably flat-out working on CPP3 stuff right now. Being that their quantities are so small (and therefore the staffing levels would be low), I assume they're just producing batches of one part at a time unless it's outsourced to China.

Hewes tanks I've not seen for sale but the price on SS spirals seems to be about $85 and $115 for 3m and 5m respectively - they're available in the US from non destructive testing outlets that use 70mm film for xraying.

One can also buy rugged $10 plastic spirals from the same NDT places but they're 3m (maybe 10') and 13'; there are no cheap 15' options. I'm going to try getting a couple of 13' reels and maybe figure out a tank for them.
    I'll sell you my 13' plastic reel, I have one from NDT, it's not worth it for me, too much trouble to wind, I think it was $10 so I'll charge $10 for the reel and $10 for shipping if you want it?

You start from the clip in the center and work outward.

~Stone

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So it's not a twisting self-loader like the Patersons?

PS you'll lose money on offering $10 shipping to AU

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Richards of Hulls, film process sink lines, nitrogen burst systems.. God save the Queen!

http://www.richards.uk.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	60390
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hewes01.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	60391

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There are many reasons that 120 and 220 were very popular formats for professional photographers but 70mm was not. 70mm was successful for applications that absolutely required a large number of exposures i.e. 70 and had the extensive engineering support necessary to keep it running. Examples are NASA/military/scientific applications and mass portrature.

120/220 is far better suited to satisfy the needs of photographers. Photograpers have an enormous number of variables to deal with when preparing for shoots and making photographs. 70mm adds unneeded complexity. Mechcanically the magazines are not robust. They require a great deal of attention if they are to be reused and daylight loaded. NASA used modified mags that were darkroom loaded by qualified technicians.

120/220 has the advantage of film that is factory spooled in a clean humidity controlled environment that is momentarily exposed to the environment when reaches the exposing film plane. Camera interface and film processing problems are very rare.

70mm has many opportunities for problems unless the equipment and materials are carefully maintained and used.

Bob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    So it's not a twisting self-loader like the Patersons?

PS you'll lose money on offering $10 shipping to AU
    No not at all a self loader

Also, I am being a typical American and assuming everyone I talk to us also American...

I'll still sell the reel for $10 (US) plus applicable shipping, shouldn't be too much if I can go by weight.

~Stone

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin