Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,919   Online: 803

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Replenishment is really only useful if you're developing quite a bit more than that. For Xtol though, one would normally replenish one roll's worth from a 2L working solution after about 1-2 weeks of inactivity. But your process isn't going to be very well controlled with those big gaps being the norm rather than the exception.

If large-volume tanks are causing you wastage (i.e. quantity required for coverage is much greater than quantity required for capacity) then you might want to look at using more-highly-diluted developers. Too bad if you wanted silver-solvent (grain-smoothing) effects though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Replenishment is really only useful if you're developing quite a bit more than that. For Xtol though, one would normally replenish one roll's worth from a 2L working solution after about 1-2 weeks of inactivity. But your process isn't going to be very well controlled with those big gaps being the norm rather than the exception.

If large-volume tanks are causing you wastage (i.e. quantity required for coverage is much greater than quantity required for capacity) then you might want to look at using more-highly-diluted developers. Too bad if you wanted silver-solvent (grain-smoothing) effects though.
    Well I do batch runs, I have found that time is more a factor than usage with Ilfsol 3 I can EASILY reuse it to process 4 rolls adding about 30 seconds to each run if I'm doing it all in the same day. Even though its supposedly a one shot developer.

I usually do about 10 rolls at a time. Once I hadn't processed for a while and discovered I not had enough extra developer to make a full new batch and I just guesstimated and used 2 MONTH old one shot developer that already had 5 rolls run through it, added about half the normal amount as "replenishment" and then halfway the 30 second increments and did 8 rolls with respectably usable results, I think I was at 15 minutes on the last one (this is a developer that is normally a 4 minute developer) so I'm open to replenishment as an option, but you're right I don't like diluting too much, so perhaps I'll just stick to spending money and getting good and more foreseeable results.

BTW I am not normally so careless, but the shots weren't super important and I was curious if I could "DO IT" especially on a one shot developer.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Or you could use rotary development, very little volume is required. Jobos are $$ but you can get cheap roller-bases and run whatever tanks on them.

Drawback there is constant agitation of course, so shorter toe in general and reduced film speed in some devs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Replenishment is really only useful if you're developing quite a bit more than that. ...
    Actually I have used it for even lesser amounts and for longer time periods between and still got great results.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Flickr 2405 group created! I have 300' and snaggs has 450' of it; I know there's a bunch of it out there 'cos the canuck on ebay we bought it from has sold 15,000' of it in the last year.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Flickr 2405 group created! I have 300' and snaggs has 450' of it; I know there's a bunch of it out there 'cos the canuck on ebay we bought it from has sold 15,000' of it in the last year.
    Why so specific?? why not just Aerial film... or Kodak Aerial film? lame... I don't have any double-x

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's already an aerial film group and a double-X (5222) group but it excludes the aero double-X. Plenty of other film-specific groups out there for sharing techniques/results, just not for 2405 yet.

In other news, I now have a 70mm back attached to my RZ and have made a couple of 2405 tests by taping it into 4x5 holders & developing in a 3010. Now I just need one more cartridge to turn up in the post and I'll be able to actually shoot some properly.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

There's already an aerial film group and a double-X (5222) group but it excludes the aero double-X. Plenty of other film-specific groups out there for sharing techniques/results, just not for 2405 yet.

In other news, I now have a 70mm back attached to my RZ and have made a couple of 2405 tests by taping it into 4x5 holders & developing in a 3010. Now I just need one more cartridge to turn up in the post and I'll be able to actually shoot some properly.
    I would send you one but I only have 5.

Go on ebay, spend $15 on one of the 15 foot rolls of Kodak Panatomic-X it comes WITH a roll PRE loaded with pan-x just shoot that first then re-use the roll.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin