Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,943   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Can someone explain 70mm film please?

Id like to look at a 70mm back, I know I need Type II perf and that its all but vanished.

1) can you still make special bulk orders from kodak for film? How does one contact them?
    2) how much film is needed per back? I.e. there is a 60ft rool of expired tri-x on ebay. What kind of bulk loader would I need?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=snaggs;1421874]Id like to look at a 70mm back, I know I need Type II perf and that its all but vanished.

1) can you still make special bulk orders from kodak for film? How does one contact them?-NOT SURE YOU EVER COULD.
    2) how much film is needed per back? I.e. there is a 60ft rool of expired tri-x on ebay. What kind of bulk loader would I need? WHAT CAMERA ? THE AMOUNT OF FILM NEEDED AT FRONT AND END WHEN LOADING CAMERA IS LONG , so you need to use a lot of film per load . finally - 70mm FILM REQUIRES special ss reels and tanks for processing. BEST ADVICE- DO NOT GO DOWN THIS PATH- IT IS NOT CHEAPER, AND FILM CHOICE IS VERY LIMITED. Cheers Barrie B.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aside of Kodak Agfa offers part of their film assortment in 70mm off the shelf. You best inquire for such at their Aerial Dep. at their Headquarters in Flanders.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I understand that the Hasselblad backs need type II perf. For anybody that used the A70, what was your favorite?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I can't help but agree with Barrie. I have posted a lengthy 70mm workflow blog entry here: http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/201...-mapping-film/, but it took me aaaaages to accumulate all those bits and bobs...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The bulk loader seems to be the hard part. On photo net some said the just took a 35mm plastic spool, cut in in half an used a dowel to achieve the correct spacing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hewes in the UK sell 70mm steel spirals

http://www.hewes.co.uk/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can roll 35mm film by hand you should be able to do the same with 70mm film.

Hewes offers 70mm bulk loaders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    The bulk loader seems to be the hard part. On photo net some said the just took a 35mm plastic spool, cut in in half an used a dowel to achieve the correct spacing.

I've done something similar to this before. It can work, you just have to be careful that the ends of the 35mm spool are aligned well so that it doesn't wobble.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Amazingly, I found a local source that has some KODAK PLUS-X AERECON II Film at a good price, on freeze. This is official Kodak Australia stuff, so I don't have to worry about x-rays etc that I've have with imports.

500ft reels are going to be fun though. Any idea's how to spool off this?

Daniel.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin