Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,731   Online: 876

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleinar for 3.5f series camera?

Hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone knew what series of Rolleinar close up lens works on 3.5f series camera? Also "T" series cameras. From what I'm gathering , there 3types of Rolleinar's series 1, series 2 ect... Which one fits what?

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    3.5 Planars and Xenotars are Bayonet II (2), often called 'Bay II.' T Rolleiflexes are Bayonet I (one), Bay I, as are other Tessar and Xenar models. 2.8 lenses, Planars and Xenotars, are Bayonet III. The first 2.8 Rolleiflex, a 2.8 Tessar, was a Bay II but the flange orientation (and spacing?) is different than on later Bay II models. Bay IV was used on the Rolleiwide.

There is also an issue with spacing between certain E Rolleiflexes and F models. I don't know the particualrs, though, but be warned. The spacing for hinged lens caps changed at some point.

Rolleinars are labeled with two sets of info. One is the strength- 1,2,3. The other is the Bayonet size- 1, 2, 3. Much clearer, yes?? Well, my Bay II Rollienar 1 is actually labeled 'Rolleinar 1' (that's the numeral one) and then a fancy cursive 'R' followed by two sans serif capital I's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > issue with spacing between certain E Rolleiflexes and F models.

42mm vs. 45 mm spacing. The 3,5C has 42 mm, the 3,5F has 45 mm. I don't nothing about other models.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin