Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,784   Online: 871

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I believe that the YashicaMat uses the Yashinon lens (which IIRC is the 4-element/3 group lens a bit higher quality than the Yashikor lens, which is 3 element/3 group that most of the 635s come with). My 635 has quite a bit of swirl.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Value of the 635?

I'll scan a few of my negs tomorrow morning so we can have a look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On my 635 I have cut a little bit of plastic out of a film can that slips in tight against the m-x lever and locks it in the x position to stop inadvertent use. The flexibility of the plastic is enough to tweak it into position and robust enough to keep it in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010033_500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	61188

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    On my 635 I have cut a little bit of plastic out of a film can that slips in tight against the m-x lever and locks it in the x position to stop inadvertent use. The flexibility of the plastic is enough to tweak it into position and robust enough to keep it in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010033_500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	61188

This is only an issue if you try to use the self timer in M mode correct? Otherwise you shouldn't need to worry?

I don't foresee myself ever using the self timer though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    This is only an issue if you try to use the self timer in M mode correct? Otherwise you shouldn't need to worry?

I don't foresee myself ever using the self timer though.
    Christopher:

I expect this is essentially the same problem that people deal with on the Mamiya TLR lenses.

It is easy to accidentally bump the selector to M, even if you only shoot (X-synch) electronic flash.

And you will never notice that you have done so, until after you get back your rolls of film without any of the expected flash exposures.

Particularly disastrous if you shoot weddings.

So it is really handy to be able to ensure that that lever stays on "X".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin