Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,452   Online: 937

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i recently discovered that focusing is sometimes made unnecessarily hard y forgetting to release the dof button
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, when the camera is pointed down slightly it can be more flattering, but that is a choice.

If you need that point of view the prism can be an easier tool to use. On my RB I got a split prism screen to make focusing easier with my 150 sf, it helps with the WLF Finder too.

The lower point of view does square things up though if that is important, again just a choice.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally I prefer the W.L.F for static portraits and the prism finder for moving ones, and to use with on camera flash.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I did a shoot recently and shortly after it started I switched my WLF for my prism. The prism has less magnification and makes focussing slightly more difficult than the WLF, but it's easier to see the full frame and the extra few inches it lets you lift the camera make slightly more flattering images... Thoughts?
    You are ablsoutely correct.. but the prism also has an accessory magnifyer which is a very handy tool if you can find one at a reasonable price. They are amazing and once you try it, you will never go back to anyting else ever again. Oh and you will miss it on other cameras if you ever switch.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never used the WLF on my Hasselblad, I use the prism. I do not have to bother with the right-left [left-right in England] reversal and I have a great built-in light meter.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a prism for either of my Rollei's, but I often use the flip down magnifier, which allows raising the camera up to close to eye level. Always a tripod and shutter release for portraits for me, no matter what the camera - it allows me to stand up from the camera and engage directly with the subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    You are ablsoutely correct.. but the prism also has an accessory magnifyer which is a very handy tool if you can find one at a reasonable price. They are amazing and once you try it, you will never go back to anyting else ever again. Oh and you will miss it on other cameras if you ever switch.
    Will this insanely expensive little thing give me a full/mostly full frame view? And will it fit on an NC2 finder?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you guys prefer 45 or 90 deg prisms?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a 90 and would prefer a 45. The reason: big nose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin