Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,667   Online: 896

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As far as I understood you do not have scratches yet but you are concerned that scratches may show up? Do you still have the old SWC/M with the C-style lens? If not then there is no reason to worry at all. Even if there would be scratches Im sure they wont affect image image quality in any visible way. If that really worries you then you could sell the camera and buy a 903SWC. Im watching the prices on Ebay regularly and upgrading wont cost you much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    This link was posted a couple of days ago in another thread, it should put your mind at ease;

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2008...ment-scratches

If the scratches really are "micro", along the line of "cleaning marks" it will affect what someone pays you for the camera, but it won't affect the pictures you make. A lens hood may be a good idea though.
    lol - point well taken

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    As far as I understood you do not have scratches yet but you are concerned that scratches may show up? Do you still have the old SWC/M with the C-style lens? If not then there is no reason to worry at all. Even if there would be scratches Im sure they wont affect image image quality in any visible way. If that really worries you then you could sell the camera and buy a 903SWC. Im watching the prices on Ebay regularly and upgrading wont cost you much.
    I checked out the lens last night with a hi power LED - no signs of scratches but the lenses are filthy ! It's a CF version but apparently some of those were affected as well.

I can't get rid of it - too much sentimental value...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Then just keep it. Does you camera still have a bubble lever on top? Has it the new style viewfinder? If it has the new finder, chances are very low that your camera is affected. If it has no bubble lever any more, you are 100% save. The problem was fixed by Hasselblad somewhen between the change to the new finder and the sacrifice of the lever.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    Then just keep it. Does you camera still have a bubble lever on top? Has it the new style viewfinder? If it has the new finder, chances are very low that your camera is affected. If it has no bubble lever any more, you are 100% save. The problem was fixed by Hasselblad somewhen between the change to the new finder and the sacrifice of the lever.
    Old viewfinder with bubble level on the body...

Can someone recommend a good repair shop in the NYC/NJ/CT area ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Hasselblad does still service the SWC. I just had mine CLA'd sent by my local dealer, I think that they said it went to New Jersey. check with Hasselblad USA.

DanG

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I second Hasselblad in NJ. They overhauled my SWC/M in 2003. Great service.

Shooter
    Medium Format

CLA

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Yes, Hasselblad does still service the SWC. I just had mine CLA'd sent by my local dealer, I think that they said it went to New Jersey. check with Hasselblad USA.

DanG
    Dan,
    I've been thinking of getting a CLA on my SWC and was wondering what Hassy,NJ. charges for a CLA? It still works fine, but it's due. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatso View Post

Would an independant repair shop like Steve's camera be able to remove scratches from a lens ?
    Almost certainly not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One question? Do you want to send the camera in for a shutter modification (The one that Hasselblad carried out on the later SWC/M). If so I dont know whether independent repair shops could do this...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin