Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,268   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Yes, Hasselblad does still service the SWC. I just had mine CLA'd sent by my local dealer, I think that they said it went to New Jersey. check with Hasselblad USA.

DanG
    Excellent, I just contacted Hasselblad NJ and will be sending them my camera !

Shooter
    Medium Format

Quote.........

Quote Originally Posted by fatso View Post
    Excellent, I just contacted Hasselblad NJ and will be sending them my camera !

What are you going to have done? Did they give you a quote? I'm debating on a "private repair" CLA, but maybe Hasselblad, NJ. is better for the buck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    What are you going to have done? Did they give you a quote? I'm debating on a "private repair" CLA, but maybe Hasselblad, NJ. is better for the buck.
    They weren't able to give me a quote over the phone. I'm having the work done end of December, probably a CLA, and they are going to check for micro-scratches and repair if necessary. I'll give you all the details when I get it back !

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ask if they can modify the shutter blades! (It was only one that was modified after all, if I remember correctly)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Paul and I'm in no big hurry since my SWC is still working pretty well. The only thing that is acting up is the self-timer. It hangs if cocked and released, but I never use it on this camera anyway. The SWC was one of my most rewarding camera purchases ever. I remember the first time I took it out for a spin and then that night in the darkroom. All I kept saying was, WOW! I could sell all my other Hasselblad cameras and lenses, but the SWC is staying. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry John, I just now saw your question. I am in Calgary, Canada so there was considerable shipping involved. The camera had some sand in the lens barrel (Antelope Canyon) and was due for a general tune up. I don't have the bill handy but it seems to me that it was in the $500 range all in.

DG

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Dan,
    My SWC is sitting right next to me while I peck this out. $500.00 might be a tad high for just a CLA, but if they had to dig deep to get that Antelope dung out I can sure see it running $500.00. People don't seem to understand the time involved just taking something like a SWC apart and then putting it back together again. Not even mentioning the skill involved. The nice thing about German cameras is that the Germans believed in using the best raw materials in the manufacturing process. No shortcuts like we American manufactures take now. It's absolutely disgusting how they use a well known and well respected name and put it on a P.O.S. product now. Well, so much for the good old days! Happy shooting! JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Hi Dan,
    My SWC is sitting right next to me while I peck this out. $500.00 might be a tad high for just a CLA, but if they had to dig deep to get that Antelope dung out I can sure see it running $500.00. People don't seem to understand the time involved just taking something like a SWC apart and then putting it back together again. Not even mentioning the skill involved. The nice thing about German cameras is that the Germans believed in using the best raw materials in the manufacturing process. No shortcuts like we American manufactures take now. It's absolutely disgusting how they use a well known and well respected name and put it on a P.O.S. product now. Well, so much for the good old days! Happy shooting! JohnW
    Except that it is not German made. It was made in Sweden.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Except that it is not German made. It was made in Sweden.
    Oh so right Mr. Glass and I even had the SWC right next to me. To much coffee causes "Brain-farts" I guess? The Swede's, German's and Swiss are all great at making the best. JohnW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The lens and shutter were made in Germany however, so your statement is still partly true. These are the vital parts of the camera anyway!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin