Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,705   Online: 925

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is much better to be half right than half-fast!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    The lens and shutter were made in Germany however, so your statement is still partly true. These are the vital parts of the camera anyway!
    Yes, the rest is just a light-tight box, but a very well built light tight box at least.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,
    Yes, it was a bit more than just a regular CLA. Plenty of "digging" and some shutter stuff that I hadn't noticed. I appreciated their throughness and attention to detail. This is a camera that I wish to continue to use for many years to come. I compare it to a tune up on a BMW or Lexus; expect a large bill even if you say "there are no problems"

I love the SWC and have used three different bodies since the mid seventies.

PS: Hasselblad is made in Sweden.

Cheers!
    DanG

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    John,
    Yes, it was a bit more than just a regular CLA. Plenty of "digging" and some shutter stuff that I hadn't noticed. I appreciated their throughness and attention to detail. This is a camera that I wish to continue to use for many years to come. I compare it to a tune up on a BMW or Lexus; expect a large bill even if you say "there are no problems"

I love the SWC and have used three different bodies since the mid seventies.

PS: Hasselblad is made in Sweden.

Cheers!
    DanG
    I love it too Dan and of all my(I have many) film cameras, my two Rolleiflex and SWC are my favorites. Like I said above on "German made", brain-fart! I seem to have many more of those the nearer I get to 63yrs old. The sad part is I don't think they will lessen as I grow older. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Like I said above on "German made", brain-fart! I seem to have many more of those the nearer I get to 63yrs old. The sad part is I don't think they will lessen as I grow older. JohnW
    It increase after 64.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Polishing a lens is NUTS... Those things are refined to nano-meter. Polishing is at the nano meter level.
    An eye-glass lab won't even polish eyeglass lenses because of perscription changes.
    Just keep using it. I haven't even bothered with filters on my Hassy lenses (protection). They are tough.

I use Steve in Livonia Mich for my tune-ups.. Used to use Grabowski... but I think he is retired and Ghil is nearly done too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As for the micro scratches - have a look at www.focalpointlens.com.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I got my SWC back and apparently it didn't have any problems with microscratching. I had a few other things done to the camera but the CLA was around $250. I'm very happy with the service I got and Bob Gallagher was very pleasant to deal with. Unfortunately part of the plastic housing on the film crank is cracked and the last batch of cranks from Hasselblad were not manufactured within tolerance and do not fit. If anyone has an extra film crank in good condition I would be interested in buying it - please PM me.

Paul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin