Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,094   Online: 881

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

220 film dimensions/specification (ISO732)

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Yep.

There's the possibility of acquiring a roll or three of Plus-X locally so I might just do that and be patient waiting for a back to appear. It's not like I'm going to run out of film next week
    I have two rolls of plus-x in my fridge and I just shot two rolls of it for a nude bourgeois scene last week waiting to develop, actually what developer do you suggest for that? Adinol?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJohn View Post
    Noboby seems to have answered the question you asked: the dimensions of a 220 roll. Offhand, I don't know either but if you want to PM me a postal address I'll send you gratis a long expired, unexposed, unrefrigerated roll that you can experiment with. I don't think we can actually buy 220 film here in AU any more and AFAIK Portra is the only emulsion available in 220 anywhere. Good luck with the project. OzJohn
    220 is the exact same size as 120 just twice as long on the length of film because the paper backing is absent from the film portion of the roll.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I have two rolls of plus-x in my fridge and I just shot two rolls of it for a nude bourgeois scene last week waiting to develop, actually what developer do you suggest for that? Adinol?

~Stone

Hmmm - "nude bourgeois"????

Does being middle class matter?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    220 is the exact same size as 120 just twice as long on the length of film because the paper backing is absent from the film portion of the roll.

~Stone

Not quite - because there is only need for one set of film leader and trailer, not two.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Not quite - because there is only need for one set of film leader and trailer, not two.
    I did say "the film part" as in the film is double the length not the film + leader/tail.

Hmmm - "nude bourgeois"????

Does being middle class matter?
    Haha well I don't know why I said that haha, I guess it was a very simple scene in a quaint old looking room that would have been from a middle class household, I haven't developed the plus-x obviously but here is a Pan F+ image from the set. I have more and I've already posted this a few times, I really need to pay for an account so I can just post in my own gallery haha, I'll get to it soon, in the mean time...

See, middle class nude haha

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did say "the film part" as in the film is double the length not the film + leader/tail.
    Nope.

The film itself is slightly shorter than twice the length of the 120, because the small bit of film before the image area (film leader?) and the small bit of film after the image area (film tail?) doesn't need to be duplicated - one of each per roll is enough.
    Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Nope.

The film itself is slightly shorter than twice the length of the 120, because the small bit of film before the image area (film leader?) and the small bit of film after the image area (film tail?) doesn't need to be duplicated - one of each per roll is enough.
    I concede, I guess I was just thinking if you are hand rolling there is also a margin of error that is higher so give a little extra, ah well, either way I think it's silky haha

~Stone

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So... anyone have a copy of ISO732? With, like, numbers in it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    So... anyone have a copy of ISO732? With, like, numbers in it?
    How about if we trade? I'll send you a roll of Provia VC 220 and you send me something B&W then you don't need a book of numbers

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/ca...csnumber=29302

Here if you have money...

~Stone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin