Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,300   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I looked at it the other day.. It has black ringed magnifing lens along with silver tubed lens. You can actually un-screw silver tubed lens to get to lens element to clean it. The black ringed it is what it is.. single piece of glass. so the silver tubed lens goes viewing lens and black ringed lens goes on taking lens?

ToddB
    you keep mentioning 'unscrewing.' Are the parts you are separating unscrewing, repeated spinning in one direction? Or are they bayonet mounts, where you twist it about 50-809 degrees and pull apart? I think this is important to clarify. Unscrewing the black-edged unit can lead to the prism possibly losing its proper orientation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is actually a tiny notch in lens element that lines up with recepticle in housing . It all lines up. I'm excited to try out on my T when I get it back from Harry.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes there is, Todd.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is there? That's good to know. My Rolleinar viewing lens is a bit dirty but I've been hesitant to open it up. I wasn't certain I could get it oriented correctly again.

To be clear, Todd and Brian, if I unscrew the viewing lens setup, I will find a notch in the prism lens and a tab on the body, and reassembly will be easy? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Absolutly.. I found this out by accident.. The lens had fingure prints and dust. Clean it up perfect. Notches lock in perfectly. Got to love German engineering. They thought of everything.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Got to love German engineering. They thought of everything.
    Remember... these things were assembled by mere mortals, not optical engineers/scientists, so they have to think about details like that. Most who work assembly line jobs are not necessarily highly skilled labor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info. The first TLR close-up set I had was Japanese- Acura brand. It needed some serious cleaning on the viewing lens and I opened it up. It wasn't hard to re-orient the prism- just rotate until the image was at its top point- but certainly no indexing or such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin