Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Medium Format

Error 06 on Mamiya 645 AFD II body

Hi,

I got an Error 06 when shooting with the Mamiya 645 AFD II body and a HM401 film back. The film stopped at frame 13 with Error 06 message in the viewfinder. I tried a couple of more shots and the shutter worked but the film did not proceed. I moved the film back to the Mamiya 645AFD III body and continue shooting without any problem. When I received the film back from the lab the frame 13 was a multiexposure shot, everything else was OK.

Since I moved the back to another body and continued shooting without a problem this excludes the possibility of a film back problem and it seems there is a problem with the 645 AFD II body.

Previously I did not experience any problem with this body except for the fast battery drainage if batteries are left in the grip - they drain overnight (I do not have this problem with the AFD or the AFD III body). I use Sanyo Eneloops.

Does anyone here have any idea of what Error 06 is and how to eliminate this problem?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since I can't find an AFDII manual , the AFD manual says regarding errors:
    "These are displayed when a problem is detected during
    shooting. If the error display is not canceled when the shutter release
    button is pressed again, insert the Dark slide, half-press the
    shutter release button while pressing the roll film holder's
    manual film advance button to wind up the film, then contact
    your nearest Mamiya agent or service center."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin