Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,955   Online: 713

Shooter
    Multi Format

Japanese online dealer for Mamiya Press gear

Hi,

I searched the web for some Cut Film/Plate Holders (type J) that fit into the right-angle focusing back of my Mamiya Super 23 but could not find any, neither in America nor in Europe. May be the chances will be better to find some in Japan.

Unfortunately I don't know any online dealers for used camera gear in Japan. Can somebody tell me one (or more)?

Years ago I used to buy from Camera.Japan(@bluebottle.com). I mailed to them but the mail could not be delivered.

lx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I frequently come across roll film backs for the Mamiya Press in the junk bins of various shops in Tokyo but have never seen (or even heard of) cut film holders. I don't actually know of any shop that deals specifically with this camera but I'm afraid if there is such a shop it would be overpriced...
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got (but only) two of them! You can see them on the Mamiya Press Super 23 system chart on you own Chemical Cameras website.

Does none of the shops you know sell online? I'd like to have an email address (or rather more) to deal with someone.

lx
    Last edited by luxikon; 11-30-2012 at 01:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops! I guess you have checked my site closer than I have... I know some of the shops do online sales but not sure if any of them will ship overseas and the web sites are often in Japanese. But your best bet might be Map Camera. They have the biggest inventory although they are often a bit overpriced. There is a dirty little shop in Shinjuku that would be most likely to carry these items but they are totally retro in everything they do, and don't have any sort of web site. When I'm back in Tokyo in the spring I'll try to remember to check it out sometime.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice offer. Hope you'll find some. Get me informed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by luxikon View Post
    Hi,

I searched the web for some Cut Film/Plate Holders (type J) that fit into the right-angle focusing back of my Mamiya Super 23 but could not find any, neither in America nor in Europe. May be the chances will be better to find some in Japan.

Unfortunately I don't know any online dealers for used camera gear in Japan. Can somebody tell me one (or more)?

Years ago I used to buy from Camera.Japan(@bluebottle.com). I mailed to them but the mail could not be delivered.

lx
    Hello,

Bellamy Hunt from www.japancamerahunter.com is probably the right man for you.
    His business is looking for used gear in the huge Japanese used camera gear market. He is doing this especially for people outside of Japan.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Hello,

Bellamy Hunt from www.japancamerahunter.com is probably the right man for you.
    His business is looking for used gear in the huge Japanese used camera gear market. He is doing this especially for people outside of Japan.

Best regards,
    Henning

awesome website! thanks for the find

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Useful link!

Thanks Henning.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin