Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,525   Online: 843

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bronica ETRS AE-II question

I have an ETRS and haven't used it in a while. I have noticed that the focus is not as clear as it once was??? Can the diopter be changed on that viewfinder?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Probably your old eyes don't focus as close as well! Fixed diopter values not variable on that prism, optional diopters are available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you removed the prism assembly from the body to inspect it and the glass on the body
    for dust?Regards,Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I have an ETRS and haven't used it in a while. I have noticed that the focus is not as clear as it once was??? Can the diopter be changed on that viewfinder?
    If you take off the lens n point your camea at a white surface.. as you look through the VF.. are the lines on the screen sharp in focus?

If not you need a diopter. Best way to fit one is to take the camera to the store n try em all till you get those lines nice n razor sharp. Then when you focus your camera.. your images will focus properly again with the film plane and the screen.

paul
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin