Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,590   Online: 993

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad filters?

Hi everyone!

Just got a 500c/m with 80mm Opton, and I need to equip some filters. Which would you say are indispensable? I tend to shoot BW landscape and portraits.
    Currently I have a Hasselblad red, with hasselblad mount. Is there any adaptor that would let me use my Tiffen filters? Have some left from Mamiya.

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can absolutely use any filters that you choose with the use of a bayonet filter adapter _ step. (bayonet on one side, threads on the other). You can add step up rings to the adapter for flexibility in filter choices. I like the B+W and Heliopan filters. I personally don't like covering the zeiss glass with inferior filters, much less anything at all. But I'm a big fan of neutral densities of varying strengths and a red for contrast where needed. Select what's right for you and enjoy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ditto for the adapter and B+W and Heliopans. I suggest a yellow, light green and/or green and light orange and/or orange. You might consider Proxars or the B+W close-up + diopter lenses if you want something of a macro capability. There are filters for almost any affect. Start with the adapter and the filters you already have keeping in mind their size because if you adapt down (or up too much) it could cause vignetting.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been very happy with Heliopan filters. Yellow, yellow green, light green, green, light orange, orange they are all good. Do not forget about a polarizer.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks guys, you've been most helpful!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin