Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,601   Online: 847

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Compatibility of Mamiya RB-SD with prism finder

Can someone please tell me if Mamiya RB-SD can take the older style prism or does it only take Model-2? I am only interested in non-metering kind.

I looked through literature but it is not clear which way it goes.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    According to http://rb67.helluin.org/accessories/, "any finder will work with any body".
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Reznitsky chart may help: http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like the answer is YES. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I got the unit and it fits and seems to work fine with my RB-SD but what exactly did I get? On front of it, it says Mamiya RB67. It is NOT the metered kind. Looking at the websites suggested above, there is no such thing as RB67 finder....

It's the black, clunky, heavy kind with crinkled finish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    OK, I got the unit and it fits and seems to work fine with my RB-SD but what exactly did I get? On front of it, it says Mamiya RB67. It is NOT the metered kind. Looking at the websites suggested above, there is no such thing as RB67 finder....

It's the black, clunky, heavy kind with crinkled finish.
    This is the metered version - the PD prism finder: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...sm_Finder.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It doesn't look anything like that. What I have is far more clunky looking and triangular if you look at it straight on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It doesn't look anything like that. What I have is far more clunky looking and triangular if you look at it straight on.
    Like the one shown in this manual from Mike Butkus' site? http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_...ism_finder.pdf
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. That's the one. What is this model called? Just a "Prism Finder"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. That's the one. What is this model called? Just a "Prism Finder"?
    Yes. The other, more recent finders have something added to the name, like PD Prism Finder or Finder II.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin