Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,498   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Ricohflex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Ricohflex

Bill I used to shoot a C33, so I'm familiar with TLR's to a small degree. And I've just fallen in complete love with a Yashica 635 after shooting it for the first time yesterday!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are some pretty good photos from Super Ricohflex on flickr by TommyOShima. It has a coated triplet lens, which will produce some interesting visual signature when wide open and can be great for portraits. On the other hand, at >$75 price I would rather have a Yashica with Yashikor or a Rolleicord with Triotar.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I recall having occasional light leaks when using my mom's old Ricohflex. Looks like (from the looks on an auction site) there is a length of black yarn running around the inside back. So make sure that is still working as a light seal. Maybe an easy do-it-yourself repair.

As blee1996 says, the lens will have an interesting "signature." I've come to appreciate this in vintage cameras. For me a "good" lens in a medium format or large format camera can be worth using. You might enjoy the same.

This could be the knock-around camera you toss in the backpack when you don't want to risk your Yashica...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Christopher:

I have several twin reflex cameras - from Rolleiflex 2.8F - to Voigtlander Superb - to rolleicord - and also the Super Richohflex...

Making images in the nature, guess what camera I put highest?

Richohflex any day!! Much nicer than the top model from Rollei...

I'd say the price is low... some call it a sleeper - sitting waiting for more to find what I have found...

I have never seen in MF a smoother cremy background than the ones you can get with this.
    In here there's a lot of great images done with this camera. Some that prompted me to by some. And it is my all time favourite for out door photography!

take a look at the imege I link to.. this is the one that made me look out for that camera...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...atid=favorites
    Last edited by gandolfi; 12-12-2012 at 03:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice Gandolfi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Gandolfi: it seems I cannot access your gallery link, maybe it is only for subscribers? I admire your work in LF and am quite eager to see your shots with the Super Rochoflex.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blee1996 View Post
    Hi Gandolfi: it seems I cannot access your gallery link, maybe it is only for subscribers? I admire your work in LF and am quite eager to see your shots with the Super Rochoflex.
    just for subscribers yes... (and it wasn't mine...)

But I can upload a couple here...

All Super Ricohflex - full aperture. sharpness not too important (acceptaple for me) - the background is!....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails troldeskov-(4).jpg   troldeskov-(9).jpg   Untitled-49.jpg   Untitled-60.jpg   Untitled-45.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Ricohflex

WOW gandolfi! Im going to have to get the shutter working on mine!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    WOW gandolfi! Im going to have to get the shutter working on mine!
    you should!

And the lens can swirl in certain curcumstances... see att.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails troldeskov-(31).jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin