Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,714   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Ricohflex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Ricohflex

Are Super Ricohflex camera's really worth $80 on average?

I have one that I got in an estate sale junk box. The leatherette needs replacing and the shutter needs to be lubed, but other than that its in tact.

I thought it was just a cheap old TLR, but collectiblend has them at $140-$160 for a mint version, and $60-$70 for average. I just saw one sell on the bay for $79.

I really didn't think the one I had would be worth the postage, but I guess I might be wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The results I saw from one were not impressive. I was neither the photographer nor owner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they may fetch such high prices because they may not be very common. A couple of years ago I nearly bought one for cheap at a local antique mall but passed it by because it was grungy and the shutter was stuck. Another photographer friend bought it and restored it, and now it takes beautiful photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one that I paid less than $20 for IIRC, I certainly would not have paid much more.
    They do seem to be fetching higher prices recently.
    Not a bad camera but nothing special, my Yashica 124 runs rings around it and I got it for about $120 in almost mint condition, not to mention the quite nice Rollei 2.8C Xenotar I got for the the same price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You bought another camera?? Ummm, Chris darling, do you need an intervention???
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    They are worth about $20 to a well informed buyer - in good condition. But they are also relatively easy to repair, and can give good results so I wouldn't trash it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Ricohflex

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    You bought another camera?? Ummm, Chris darling, do you need an intervention???
    No, this one came from a friend of mine that does estate sales. She cleaned out a house back in April/May and gave me a box of stuff and this was one of the cameras in it. It's been in my display case because I never thought much about it. But I noticed one on eBay the other day and I followed a few to see what prices were doing.

I've been cut off from camera buying... At least until after my bday in February!!

Although I'm cruising the bay for aux telephoto lenses for my 635 at the moment! Shhhhhhhh! LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Ricohflex

The only thing seriously wrong with mine is a sticky shutter. I don't know enough about them to open it up, but maybe I'll send it in somewhere eventually.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Certainly good to use to get a feel for TLR's in general to see if the format fits your style...

Shooter
    35mm
    If you look at completed listings, more than half of all recently sold ricohflex cameras sold for under $40. Pretty much the only ones over that mark included boxes and accessories, or were part of lots including other cameras. Occasionally there are buyers who simply don't know any better too. For $40 I'd rather have a Yashica.

Depending on what shutter your super ricohflex has I may be able to clean it. They usually have a frozen focus too. One word of caution that should be put out there in any discussion of ricohflex cameras is if the focus is stiff or locked do not try and force it you can easily damage the camera trying to turn the lens. Freeing the focus is very simple, but every ricohflex I've had has had evidence of having the lenses forced around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin