Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,197   Online: 858

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pentax 67 II set value?

Hi Guys,

Any ideas on the approximate value of the following set?:

Pentax 6x7 II body with wooden grip and AE prism finder
    SMC 75/4.5
    SMC 90/2.8
    SMC 135/4 Macro

All appear to be in good to excellent condition with minimal to very moderate signs of use. I do not know how many films have been through the body, but it does appear to be well looked after. I have been looking for one, and as they are very scarce locally, am considering pouncing on this one but don't want to over-spend. My own current Pentax set is the first non-MLU body, plus 45, 135 and 400 mm lenses. So the one 135 will have to go, and possibly either of the 75/90 lenses too.

I would appreciate your feedback.

dorff
    Last edited by dorff; 12-11-2012 at 06:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You wouldn't be overspending if it's any less than $2,000. The body itself could fetch that much if in excellent condition.

The problem you have is that you'd STILL not have the 105/2.4, which is the best damn lens for the system

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2 grand for a 67II body? Where?
    Ebay. Search (pentax 67II) then click completed listings. There's a bunch of 67II gear on there right now. $900-1200 for the body. 180-350 each for the lenses. I own two 67II's and lots of lenses, purchased several years ago when prices were higher (on lenses) than now.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm just sayin', I've seen 67II being sold at shops for around that much in near pristine condition. Obviously, you can't compare that to Ebay final bid prices, where things tend to go cheaper since you're never sure of what you're getting till you receive that box in the mail.

But even going by Ebay high end prices, if it's less than 2G for that kit, it wouldn't be overspending. It wouldn't be a bargain, for sure.

I personally got a great deal on mine via Craig's List. $1000 for 67II, 45, 105, 165, and 300 if I remember correctly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just checked two of my favorite stores and they had everything you mentioned in stock. Of course, my location is Japan so these are Tokyo prices but take it fwiw.

67II & AE prism: $900-$1100
    75/4.5: $150-$200
    90/2.8: $180-$260
    135M: $100-$200

All of the lenses are the newer version and the ones at the lower end of spectrum are in poorer condition.
    Based on these prices the low end would be $1330 - The high end $1760.
    The grip should be less than $100 (newer version).

So if I were shopping, $2000 would be my very top limit, and only if everything was completely pristine and I could inspect it first. But once again, that's me in Tokyo...
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Much obliged for everyone's response. I have settled with the seller on ZAR 10 000, which is roughly US$ 1150. Given the scarcity of these things in South Africa, I reckon I'll regret it later if I let it pass. The cost of importing, and the difficulty of doing international business in such high value items, makes it a very last resort for me. The previous owner was a collector, and I doubt that he burned film through the camera. I may get ZAR 1500 for the one 135mm, and I think it may make sense to sell as a kit with the older body. Anyway, thanks again for the advice - it enabled me to get into a region where I feel confident of fetching a similar price if I need to resell. And I will keep eyes open for that 105!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin