Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,965   Posts: 1,523,317   Online: 1197

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Noblex 6x12 ques

I have just finished printing a series of images of my client who used a Noblex 6x12 camera. I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of the negatives and the aspect ratio.
    I would like to take a series of night images with this camera, I believe the exposures will be very long (30 min or longer ) as well the temp in Toronto is minus 10-20 in Jan / Feb.
    My question to an experienced user of this camera, will the motor continue this long and will the batteries be strong enough to do this long of an exposure?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Bob,
    I don't have a noblex but used to peddle them. As I remember they had a rather limited range of shutter speeds & longest was about 1/15 & didn't have a B setting.
    You might have to look at a camera that doesn't use a swing lens to get the extended times you're looking for.

Shooter
    Multi Format

noblex 6x12

Bob,

What the Noblex does is allow you to make multi-exposures as many as you want. I have a 135U and it has down to a 1 sec. exp time. I then can set it to multi and take as many 1 sec exposures as I want or until the batteries die..
    So you can take long exp. not as easy as having a bulb setting but it does work.

And yes the lens is just as good on the 135 cameras also..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin