Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,690   Posts: 1,482,381   Online: 728

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dark slide came out, how many frames did i ruin?

So I just got my Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD for my RZ67 and was playing around with it a little bit today. While I was taking the back, WLF, screen, lens, etc off the camera somehow my dark slide came out.

Currently the camera is loaded with Ektar 100 and I'm on frame 3/10.

Do you guys think any of the adjacent frames are ruined too since I'm a big fat moron and somehow took the dark slide out?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Advance one extra frame, and you should be good.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I accidentally did that with my Hasselblad and to be sure I advanced two frames but only one was exposed so as David says you should be okay.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only one frame
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had the back of a 35mm camera come open and only lost about 5 inches of film -- if the film is wound tight, and you are quick, you don't lose very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The answer is somewhat dependant on the geometry of the RZ67 backs and inserts. It will also be affected by the light conditions hen the slide came out.

I would think that there will be at least some edge fog on the two frames adjacent to the frame that was fully exposed, but the amount and extent of the fogging on those adjacent frames might be minimal.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dark slide.

That sounds to me like one of those dreaded dark slide escape attempts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "You cannot escape the wrath of the Dark Slide" Darth Vader, Star Wars XLVIII
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sirius, yours was the best one. Tron: As to your problem with a serious answer, the slide should not just fall out. The light seal should hold it in place. I would take a good look at the seal and see if it is both sealing off the place where the dark slide goes in, and holding the slide. If it is not tight you will have a problem with light leaking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LOL good ones guys, desertratt's reply got my vote :P

I advanced the camera 2 frames just to be sure. Plan on developing the film today, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin