Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,033   Online: 741

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad F vs FE lenses

Hi,

I know that the FE lenses have the electronic databus connection to use with my 203FE, but when I read my Hasselblad Compendium about the F series lenses it says "They are usable on 200 series cameras with loss of some metering features".

I can't find anything though about what features are lost. Can anyone answer that question?

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think you'll lose the automatic exposure (aperture priority).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really? Hmm, I was guessing I'd just have to do stop-down metering.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I THINK you can keep the open-aperture metering but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I looked into these. The reason I suspect its the aperture-priority auto exposure is the 2000 series cameras that the F lenses were made for didn't have auto-exposure, just TTL metering if that. It wasn't until the 205TCC came along that you got any exposure automation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As far as I know you can still meter but have to stop down, since there is no data about the aperture set transmitted to the camera. Optically most lenses are the same. There was a slight change in the 110/2 around the year 2000 which improved the stray light supression (very slightly) and a significant change that made the 50/2,8 200g lighter but added some inch to the minimum focusing distance as trade off.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin