Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,478   Online: 1144

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In a moment of lowered resistance to GAS I got a Voigtlander Baby Bessa 6x6 on eBay a few months ago for $10. It needs a clean up, lube, and maybe some electrician's tape on the bellows.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Tourist

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mine is 6x6 and 517/16 -after ww2 to mid 50s production. Yes , you can buy lots of cheap cameras if you are near to big city centers. If not we advise you to buy from APUG for more money but a working camera investment.

Kodak Tourist II camera have a f:12.5 lens , its hard to use at shadow , evening or may be winter.

Zeiss Nettar have f:6.5 lens.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There are a lot of older folding cameras for under $30. You probably can pick up a Kodak Reflex TLR, which should be one of the better cameras for $30 or under. And there probably are still some boot sale, flea market or yard sale deals where you get a Rolleiflex or Mamiya or something else for an incredible deal.

Generally, however, you'll get a camera of modest specifications with a modest lens for $30 or less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll third the Nettar. The standard post WWII low cost version has an f6.8 coated focusing triplet and a 1/25 - 1/200 shutter. You can also find them with 1-1/200 shutters and 4.5 lenses.

The Agfa/Ansco Isolette is a similar camera but will have light leaks in the bellows. Certo6 sells Agfas with a strip and clean and new bellows: you will pay accordingly but his prices are very fair.

How much you will pay depends on how hard you look. $30 or so is certainly do-able. You might even find an Ikonta in your price range.

Though if it takes you 3 hours to save $15 then you are paying yourself $5/hour...
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always keep an eye out for Bencini cameras. The Bencini Koroll series uses 120 and no one ever bids on them. I got mine from the UK and was the only bidder. Paid $22 for shipping here to the US

Looks like there's another one on ebay

It's a Koroll 24 with a lens cap, first time I've ever seen one with a lens cap.
    Features zone focussing (in feet, thank god), f.9 or f.11 depending on the lens. One shutter speed.

The Koroll 24 and 24s were the most basic Koroll cameras that Bencini had to offer. The Koroll II, III, and S had much more features. I presonally liked the Koroll S because of it was the square format shooter of the bunch.

All Bencini cameras have pretty good lenses. They're extremely easy to repair and no one ever bids on them. I would never use "Buy it now" with bencini cameras.

Also search "Argo Camera" (without quotes) on ebay. Argo flex cameras go for cheap and sometime the Bencini Argo folding 120 camera shows up (also never has bidders).

But I think I just let the cat out of the bag on my little secret.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's no need to aim as low as a Koroll unless you want poor quality alround. My £3 ($4.80) Nettar is the better coated Novar f4.5 in a Prontor 1-1/200 shutter that Nicholas refers to above.

Ironically my next door neighbour's daughter wants to buy a similar camera in this price range, I'm certain she won't have a problem but remember people look when they are out and about anywat rather than spending time specifically shopping for bargain cameras.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Novar Anastigmat 75mm f:6.8 is an excellent triplet one can only find from Zeiss or original Cooke triplets.
    I am investing quite good time to read optics books and that triplet is world apart from all other lenses. When you MTF test a lens , you see 3 curves wiggling on the graphics. Thats for example 20 40 60 lines per mm resolution.
    If you invest 12000 dollars to an Leica Noctilux and have an MTF test , you find all 3 resolution graphs dancing like an crazy and apart from each other , this is real for %95 of all lenses.
    Triplets and Leica Telyts are strange animals and all 3 resolution curves are like an good amp curve , all three are at the highest resolution and they are on each others curve. I mean , 3 curves are at the highest quality and does not apart from each other. I have an Polaroid 350 with Cooke triplet and I found that lens is seeing better than what eye sees.
    Dont invest in tourist cameras or forgotten technology , look for Zeiss Ikon versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all for the replies. I just picked a Ciro-Flex for $20 (on APUG) to go with my Reflex II and Rolleicord. Not sure what I need with three similar TLRs, but what the hell. It will give me $20 worth of entertainment I'm sure.

Lot of other good ideas here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know who determines "fair value" but I got my Bronica C for about $6 complete with the Nikkor-P 75/2.8 that had a very, very tiny spot of mold that cleaned up easily.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc028471.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	61487
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin