Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 715

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ever second guess on a purchase?

For the past year I've been looking at the 150 f3.5 for my pentax 645,waiting on the right priceand condition when spare money was available. Finally decided on exc grade with caps from keh for $ 104 till I saw one on the bay no bids at 75 including caps . Bid the minimum and won paid sunday and now waiting for it . Now I'm killing myself second guessing wheter saving the $ 30 is worth it and won't know till it gets here saturday or monday . Well at least he has a 14 day return policy if it's not as good as it looked in the ad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Return policies make me feel much better about a purchase. Although sometimes I'll make an impulse buy at 2am and wonder wtf I was thinking when the item finally comes in the mail.

Example: I recently got a 4' x 5' Canadian flag off ebay. No idea why, it sounded like a good idea at the time :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1) It is KEH so you can return it.
    2) Yes, but I got over it and was happy later. One time there was a problem with a camera not from KEH but the seller was honest and tested, then he gave me the money back.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well my worst ebay purchase was from a member of this forum, 4 lens boards not one the fit he described (don't worry he and his alter egos are banned now), apart from that every other purchase has been as described and usually better apart from 2 Speed Graphics - but that'sa lomg story and I came out of it far better than the seller would have expected

So don't worry . . . . . . . . .

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I do it a lot. "What was I thinking" is a good phrase. I've sold/donated a lot of gear these last three years that I'd bought the previous two; more than I've kept. Financially I've lost on all of those purchases. But, ya know, when I get gas I get it bad.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 150 manual focus lenses go cheap on ebay, always for less than $100.00. You are most likely fine and that's $30.00 saved that you can put towards film.

What a bargain for a great lens!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'm looking for the same (100mmf3.5 cf) for my hasselblad, but i'm sure ,i won't get it for that kind of money. i should get the sunshade though.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every single time I use flash, at some stage I either stumble over the synch cord, or it falls of, or I forget to put it in the camera. Last night I splurged on two PocketWizard Plus II's on Ebay for 250 bucks. Now that I am anxiously waiting, I wonder what I was thinking and if they will prove worth their substantial cost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Never seconded guessed myself but always wondered what the heck I was doing buying MORE gear when I don't have time for what I do have.

Rhcgn, you will NOT regret those PocketWizards.....I have the cheap knockoffs and simply do not know what I would be doing without them other than cussing over the sync cord or catching a camera and tripod falling over. This Christmas I was able to truly concentrate on the pictures and not the equipment for the first time thanks to those wireless flash triggers.....well worth the money.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm
    In the U.K. for that kid of money($75) it would be called a "steal" as in "stolen" - "fell off the back of a lorry, Guv" as they would say in a Hollywood version of London

Seriously I have never seen a 150 f3.5 go for anything like as cheap a price as that. 645 lens retailers like KEH who are based in the U.K. would want closer to $240/250, more than twice KEH's price

Are you folks the other side of the pond beginning to realise why in matters analogue we Brit APUGers feel so hard done by?

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin