Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,470   Online: 953

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolleifix ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But would not, when mounted on a sturdy tripod as a coloumn studio tripod, due to leverage when gripping the camera, when cocking, the stresds on the bottom plate be greater, than with the camera just hanging on its tripod socket?
    No, I don't think so. The Rolleifix really bionds the bottom of the camera -- face (main frame) and tripod mount -- into a single block to share the stress. It is a fairly robust way to mount the camera on a tri- or monopod. The stress may be the same between pod and hanging, but carrying a camera on Rolleifix upside down introduces the very real risk of the quck release mechanism, ummm... quickly releasing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    Why not feed the straps down, through the origininal hangers, along the side of the body and then connect to the tripod socket?

This way, you would be holding the camera right side up, keeping most of the stress on the original location but giving you extra support from the bottom. I think it would more secure that way.
    Genius. Do that with a Rolleifix for easier film loading and it is even more genius!

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The straps I have mount with clips to posts that are on the topside of the Rollei. This is true whether or not the leather case encloses the camera.

Since I almost always use the Rollei with a tripod, I suspect I'll just carry it in one the several packs of various descriptions I have for this very purpose. Not as spontaneous, but using MF is as much a thought process as a mechanical image-capturing process anyway.

Thanks,
    BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to keep belaboring a point already made... but I found carrying Rollei TLR on monopod/Rolleifix to be just as fast as strap-carrying and hand-holding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Genius. Do that with a Rolleifix for easier film loading and it is even more genius!
    I did think of one problem with this idea. If you put a single strap along the sides of the camera, it would be in the way of the controls. The advance lever and the focus knob.

However, if instead of a single lug, you used a square plate mounted to the bottom of the camera with a captive screw that is similar to a tripod mount plate, you could connect four thinner straps to the corners of that plate and route them up the sides to connect at the top of the camera. It would look, sort of, like a letter "X".

You would still have to undo this rig whenever you wanted to reload the camera but you would still have to do this if you used an Ever-Ready case, anyway.

The reason I like this idea is because the standard Every-Ready case is made of leather. I had the leather case on my Yashica Mat come apart on me. It needs to be resewn. (If it can be resewn.) A web system made of high-strength Nylon would give more secure support than the leather without the risk of coming apart.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Rolleifix is one of the most reasonable accessoires if you have a Rollei TLR (the one designed for the SL I have found rather useless by the way). 40$ seem way too much, I bought mine on Ebay for 25 bucks some years ago. I would not use the carrying method you showed on the picture though, either with or without Rolleifix!

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Brian, but I would consider carrying the Rollei on a tripod slung over my shoulder even more potentially damaging to the back plate than suspending it on a strap. The torque on the bottom plate would be at the best angle for damaging same. It would depend, of course, on how the camera and tripod is carried. Using the support as a sort of a cane or walking stick would be the best option?

BAB

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Not to keep belaboring a point already made... but I found carrying Rollei TLR on monopod/Rolleifix to be just as fast as strap-carrying and hand-holding.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm curious as to why you like the Rolleifix and how it proves itself so useful. BAB

Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    The Rolleifix is one of the most reasonable accessoires if you have a Rollei TLR (the one designed for the SL I have found rather useless by the way). 40$ seem way too much, I bought mine on Ebay for 25 bucks some years ago. I would not use the carrying method you showed on the picture though, either with or without Rolleifix!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BAB View Post
    Thanks, Brian, but I would consider carrying the Rollei on a tripod slung over my shoulder even more potentially damaging to the back plate than suspending it on a strap.
    Please note -- I never suggested that. I suggested cradling like a baby whilst transiting between photographic scenes. It is clearly a bad idea to sling any camera over the shoulder while mounted on a pod, tri or mono.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let me help Slix out here. Several reasons:

1. Makes mounting Rollei to a pod easy
    2. Makes changing film easier than if Rollei is screwed into a pod (or ever-ready case)
    3. Is quick to use when mounting Rollei to pod
    4. Distributes the "stresses" when using Rollei on a pod

Quote Originally Posted by BAB View Post
    I'm curious as to why you like the Rolleifix and how it proves itself so useful. BAB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin