Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,873   Online: 1007

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolleifix ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    p.s. If you really shop carefully you might be able to beat that $40 price, but it would take a lot of careful shopping. It really isn't a bad price to pay for the security and convenience. IMHO, of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Brian, you brought it to the point. For me it is mostly easiness of operation. Sliding the TLR into the Rolleifix is so much more rapid than screwing it onto the tripod, so the Rollei can be taken on and off the tripod in an instant. It´s simply the best quick release solution I have ever experienced.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the clarification on both tripod use and the Rolleifix. Since I've converted my everyday tripod to Arca-Swiss, I already have a quick release option. I'm curious, however, about reloading film with the Rollei attached to a tripod. I'm assuming the Rolliefix allows this option? Most interesting, as it beats holding the camera in one's lap.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No... Rollei TLR must be removed from tripod to load film. The Rolleifix just makes it easier to remove and replace the camera onto the tripod as opposed to screwing it on and off.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In which case the Rolleifix wouldn't offer any advantage, as I already attach the camera with a quick-release plate.

Thanks for everyone's help with this issue, especially Brian Shaw. I'll use the strap I put together for DSLRs and not chance damaging the Rollei.

Thanks again,
    BAB

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Rolleifix is more than just a quick release plate. The Rolleiflex backs bend easily, and the Rolleifix protects the back from stress.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I put an Arca plate on the bottom of my Rolleifix. It's a Markin plate, designed for a DSLR. It has a notch between the two upward pointing tabs that stop camera rotation. The Rolleifix quick release lever can rotate freely because of this notch.

So going on and off the tripod uses the Arca plate. To change film, the camera comes off the Rolleifix.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8302765412_575107d1b8_z.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	61720

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do not know if the Rollflex has the same mounting lugs as the Rollcord, but took the cheap Yashka twin lens strap and put it on the Rolleicord. Works good, although it is made of plastic better than no strap at all.

Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    watch out for scarring up your camera if that is important to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rolleifix-scratches.jpg   damaged-by-rolleifix.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here is a picture of a Rolleifix where someone has filed off the nubs to avoid scratching up his camera. Problem with this is that if you file off the nubs the Rolleifix no longer gives support against bending the back.
    Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nubs filed off.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin