Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,531   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Flock the interior for contrast increase.
    Not necessary with the 124G.

Great camera - go for it!

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just use silcon adhesive to fix a SVI push on adaptors to my Ds, can take both a filter and lens hood. It will pell right off so no damage to the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check the taking lens for dust, fungus etc., by setting shutter to "B" opening the back and looking through the lens. If it is clear, then fine, but some Yashicamats seem prone to "disintegrating lens coating" problems, which will almost certainly result in loss of contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you're shopping for hood, remember to pick one that fits the outside bay not the inside (filter) bay. If you buy anything other than the original Yashica metal hood it's worth checking. I bought a plastic one few years back that fits on the inside bay and I couldn't mount filters on so it's either filter or shade and those TLR's are useless without proper shade. I had to pay for an original yashica hood to have both the hood and a filter mounted on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    When you're shopping for hood, remember to pick one that fits the outside bay not the inside (filter) bay. If you buy anything other than the original Yashica metal hood it's worth checking. I bought a plastic one few years back that fits on the inside bay and I couldn't mount filters on so it's either filter or shade and those TLR's are useless without proper shade. I had to pay for an original yashica hood to have both the hood and a filter mounted on.
    This is an excellent point. I started with one of those cheap plastic ones, which are OK without a filter, but then ...

About two years back I snagged a metal Yashica shade off ePrey for about $16 -- it looked like it had traveled quite a lot, but was mechanically good and I touched up the paint chips a bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just use Rollei Bay I accessories with my 124G - hood, filters, and Rolleinars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Deep freeze?

Do mercury cells work differently? I thought past a certain cold freeze you kill the internal battery chemistry?
    I dunno. Seems to work OK for me. Deep freeze is actually a kitchen freezer at about 5F/-15C. I started out with 20 new PX625 mercury cells. Thawed out and put a new one into my 124G in January, 2004. I use that camera lightly. That cell is still good today. (Kept with the camera in a film canister at room temperature until it's actually needed.) At this rate I may only use 3-4 cells out of the 20 before I croak.

I'm not a chemist (that's PE's department), but I don't believe battery chemistry is "killed" by cold temperatures. Reactions are just slowed way down. At least no problems with these cells so far...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Yashika Mat 124G Filter ?

Good to know...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin