Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,934   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is a good idea to have your 50-80-150 all of the same type, such as CF. That way, you only need one size filter for all three lens. Hasselblad or other brands such as BW filters can be expensive, Polarizing, UV, Yellow, Green, Orange...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That actually makes a lot of sense guys and I appreciate the input. The hassie kit is never going to be my main system, this I know, I do the majority of my personal work with 35mm / digital and 120 is for special projects or days I just want to work slower.

I do not want to build an enormous kit, so no more than three lenses, though I may potentially have access to a second body.

When I was in photography school nearly 10 years ago I had access to the V system and CF lenses, and I liked the way those operated over the C lenses I'm using now, they are a bit heavy to focus, but they work fine, I just don't like the sharp metal ribs lol!
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Building a Hasselblad lens kit: Planning

Well then get the 60 if you like 35mm lens perspective in 35mm film shooting, or the 50 if you like 28mm. Some may feel the 60 too close to the 80 but I use the 80 on my 500cm as I would any "normal" lens with 35mm film (50mm lenses) and I certainly do not think a 35mm lens with 35mm film is too close to a normal 50mm lens when shooting 35mm film!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

I find the 80mm to be a bit of a wide-normal, more like a 35mm than a 50mm on 35. The 50mm is a treat, fun to use, and truly wide. I'm not sure 60mm would be wide enough if I wanted "wide" for a shot. I find I use my 120mm as much or more than the 80mm for many shots because it's closer to how I see pictures in the field.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That's why I was wondering if the 60mm would be a good all purpose lens for me and then use the 150mm when I need a bit tighter framing?

Otherwise the 50 definitely sounds like a fun lens, but I suppose it would make the most sense to buy a C version as my other two lenses are C type, unless I sold both and started over. But I should probably have my body and backs tuned up first
    - Abram

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It all depends what you prefer. I have a 50-80-150-250 set with a couple of extension tubes. I use them all equally...when i want a 3 lens set, I leave the 250 at home simply because it is really heavy. If I went to a 2 lens set, I'd probably just get a 60 and a 120 Makro. Go ahead and shoot with the 80 and 150 and see what you feel like you are lacking. You might be surprised. If you feel the need to upgrade, get an Acute Matte screen. That makes a big difference!
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I can focus well enough with the dim screen (though I'd prefer a brighter one) I just don't really like the ergonomics of the CT* lenses, the image quality is A-ok in my book.
    - Abram

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since we are on the subject.. Does anyone know a place where one could RENT a Hasselblad lens to try it before buying it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My small kit is 50mm and 100mm, this was the onboard kit of the Royal Navy for many years when they were Hasselblad users.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know a place where one could RENT a Hasselblad lens to try it before buying it?
    Calumet has rentals of Hasselblad equipment at their various locations.

Not sure if you have a Calumet close by, but if not, and you need to rent remotely, I think EP Levine has Hasselblad rentals (Boston) and Samy's (L.A.) does too, as I recall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin