Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,075   Online: 949

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I figured, based on your signature as well i was wondering if you'd chime in!

My thought was that if I got the 60mm I would sell the 80mm. I would likely buy the CF version of the 60 and 150mm and sell both my 80 and 150 C lenses.
    I have heard good things about both the 60 and 100mm, with some even saying that they're the finest lenses in the lineup. I seem to see the most recommendations for the 50 / 80 / 150 trio though so that will likely be the route I take.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I learned today how much I need a 150!!

I photographed my camera collection as part of my project, and even at the minimum focus distance of 3 feet, the 80mm was STILL too wide!

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why do you think cf lenses are easier to focus?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked the ergonomics better (focusing ring) and the fact that they don't have the EV lock (not a huge fan of that, though I can work with it)
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess there are as many replies to this thread as there are Hasselblad lens combinations :-).

Having said that, nobody has thus far mentioned my combo, which is 50mm, 80mm, 120mm, 180mm. As has been mentioned previously, the 120mm is a spectacular performer and is great for full length to 3/4 portraits. The 180 is great for head shots. I have never personally felt a need for the 250mm. But if portraiture is your thing, as it is for many who use the blad, the 120mm/180mm combination will obviously offer great options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually portraiture is not really my thing. At least not "traditional" portraiture. I tend to do more landscape / exploration / abstract type images. At least with my personal projects. I just shoot whatever I fancy at the time with whatever I have on hand. I'm not as picky as I used to be but I do have some favorites with focal lengths.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin