Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,427   Online: 856

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Any news about the Rolleiflex FX-N ?

I have not heard about the Rolleiflex FX-N since it was announced at Photokina in September. I even see no mention of it on the webpage of DHW Fototechnik. Any idea when it will be available and how much it will cost (probably not less than the FX, but still)?

Under certain circumstances (= leaving 4x5) I may even consider it ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not send them an email or even a phone call. It was a while before DHW Fototechnik even had a website, I don't think it's a priority for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    Why not send them an email or even a phone call. It was a while before DHW Fototechnik even had a website, I don't think it's a priority for them.
    I have to admit that I have already done that (just an hour ago or so) - curious about the answer. You are correct - their webpage is not a sale channel for them, but it would still be great to find a little more information there. There are only few online shops that sell new Rolleiflexes and I am not even sure whether there is a camera shop that has one on display - so somehow there is an information missing how to reach one - in particular how to get your hand on one other than just ordering it. Somehow for a camera at this class I would prefer to buy in person.

But I will let you know once I get an answer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I know a man here in the NW USA who has bought 3 cameras directly from DHW Fototechnik. I have successfully communicated with them myself and bought a replacement part for the FX.
    Dennis

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The following is a communication from them and the email address is where the communication came from..

Date: Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

We are not allowed to use the name Planar. Therefore, we have changed the
    name in S-Apogon. The material and the resolution of the lenses is still
    the same.

Best regards

Reiner

Shooter
    35mm
    There's one on "the large auction site" right now for $5999.00 out of Hong Kong

(edit: With lots of photos of said FX-N)
    Last edited by emayoh; 12-27-2012 at 05:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I suppose there was no change in the optical design or coating since the GX model (there was no need after all). I am curios about the price in Germany, but based on the quote price in Hong Kong I expect something like 5.000 € (possibly less) . The current FX model is around 3.600 €, but does not seem to be available (not really a problem right now )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have contacted the DHW-Fototechnik (again) and got a reply that the camera is available since beginning of 2013 and is made on order. They need about 2 weeks to get it ready. It costs € 5000. I have requested some more information (mostly about accessories) I will share if I find out more.

5000 ... well ... makes the FX I have missed (2000€ with 1 year of warrant) sounds like a bargain. I would like to see the camera in person though - it seems that because of the shorter minimal focus distance it got 'thicker' and I do not know about the weight. But it IS tempting. I already had thoughts on selling most of my current gear (I will be selling 4x5" soon anyhow ) and another load of cash and go for it, but I would have hard time to let my Mamiya 6 go ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    In the Facebook Rollei group there is a guy who has gotten the FX-N and has posted some images like this one:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    It shows a much closer focusing capability.
    It seems as has been discussed other places that the camera front is the same as the FT which is why it is a bit thicker and racks out a bit further for the closer focus.
    Looking at the photos of the camera on line:
    http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/13/...-at-photokina/
    It looks to me like there is no internal bayonet on the lenses which would mean that the filters and Rolleinars would have to somehow connect with an external bayonet like the shade does. I have no idea how they deal with that, perhaps an adapter that connects via external bayonet.
    You might ask them at DHW how that works.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link and information. I will ask at DHW about bayonet on the lens. On a €5000 camera I surely want to use some kind of protection/UV filter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin