Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,382   Online: 1031

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't like a strap. I have a brand new one with the scissor clips but I tend to use a tripod most of the time. It is just my personal opinion but having a strap hanging off the camera is an accident waiting to happen.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a Billingham bag with my Rollei TLR (2.8 GX Edition). Regrettably, it's an obsolete item called the S3. It's a small bag and it fits the camera perfectly, while providing 2 other small compartments for my light meter and film etc. Looking at the Billingham website the current fStop bags might be the closest, though even the f2.8 is bigger than my S3.

This bag is light and it's easy to load and unload the camera because there are no straps attached to the device. See something worth taking, pop it out, then replace it, easy.

I'm sorry in a way to chip in but I felt that I had to given that I find this camera/bag combination to be one the the best pairings that I have ever encountered. But of course it may just suit me…

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Billingham are tops. I love the combination of leather trim and canvas.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lowenpro sling bag

Saw this interesting bag. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imagesCAI93KUA.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use a bag you will miss pictures. I carry all my cameras ready to use, ie, a Rollei around my neck in ERC but without the front attached, lens hood in place, Hass., similar but no case, OM as Rollei., but not all at the same time you understand.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 1950 Automat which thankfully doesn't use the alligator clips that the latter models use - my friend$ have had trouble with tho$e. I use a modern strap that is kind of spongy and flexible, which helps absorb the weight of the camera. It makes it easier to walk around with all day.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually use a camera strap or a camera bag.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei Users.. How do you carry your camera?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm curious.. How do you guys carry your Rollei around? Do have it in the Ever ready case, Out by itself with camera strap? Do you pull it out of a traditional camera bag? Do use a messenger type of bag?

ToddB
    All of these, at various times: Ever ready case. Out by itself with camera strap. Pull it out of a traditional camera bag.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use an Op/tech strap, the 'Pro Loop' model since the skinny loops for connecting to the camera drop away from the hood nicely.

I thread the 'Pro Loop' part through the Rolleiflex straplug; most will require a little pushing but it will go through.

Most often I simply connect the two short pieces of the Op/tech strap. This makes a wrist strap. I put them hand through it, twist a couple of times, and hold the camera in my right hand almost exclusively. With some levering and relaxation, I can carry a Rolleiflex all day like this.

For over-the-shoulder or -neck carrying, I throw away the rest of the Op/tech strap. The neoprene padded part doesn't work for me. But before I throw it away, I cut off the two clip connectors. I then use a 3/4inch strap, like you get for sleeping bags at a camping store. Or a thin camera strap like from older SLRs or such. Sew the Op/tech connectors onto this, using the strap's original hardware for length adjustment.

I usually put the strap across my body rather than around my neck. It's easy to push it back or slide it forward as needed, etc. And less bouncing and such.

When I am not shooting and want the camera away, I use a Lowepro Adventura 120 bag. The Roleiflex fits in snugly. room for a meter, a filter, some film. This small bag is padded and can be put in a knapsack, bike bag, etc. as needed. I prefer a 'modular' approach to camera bags.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own a ever ready case, but I don't use it. I carry my Flex in a slightly larger belt bag. This is very practical and does not look like photographing when closed.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin